Intra-European seat selection - 3 days?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Intra-European seat selection - 3 days?

Hi,

I was just checking my flight details for friday morning, and noticed that I could already select my seat on KLM.com. Since its tuesday today, that means almost 3 full days till departure.

I always thought this is only possible from 32h before departure for intra-european flights? This is a basic AMS-ATH itinerary with KLM, on 074 stock. The only 'different' thing about this booking is that I used another TA..but that should not influence those things..

Am I the only one or is KLM slowly allowing more advanced seat selections?

The return flight, which is a few days later, cannot be selected yet.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I have managed three times or so in the last months to select a seat on intra Europe Y some days before flying. Only outbound not inbound and not on all flights so far. Either a new feature but poorly implemented (and unpublicized) or a mistake in the website I guess.

First time was in January - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...uropean-y.html

Still nice that it occasionally happens.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Ah, I did not notice your thread! Seems to be the same 'issue' indeed. Not bad, actually its quite a nice feature. Lets see if the chosen seat will copy 1:1 when doing OLCI :-)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:14 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Ah, I did not notice your thread! Seems to be the same 'issue' indeed. Not bad, actually its quite a nice feature. Lets see if the chosen seat will copy 1:1 when doing OLCI :-)
It did last week on a AMS-BCN-IBZ-MAD-AMS itinerary. BCN-IBZ and IBZ-MAD were on Air Europa and were assigned during ticketing. AMS-BCN was KLM and was selectable a few days before flying in the Manage My Booking interface.
MAD-AMS was not OLCI-able and no seating could be pre-selected which vibes with your observation about outbound-only.

Interestingly, it was impossible to select exit rows in the advanced selection even though that could be fixed during luggage drop-off...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ixs
It did last week on a AMS-BCN-IBZ-MAD-AMS itinerary. BCN-IBZ and IBZ-MAD were on Air Europa and were assigned during ticketing. AMS-BCN was KLM and was selectable a few days before flying in the Manage My Booking interface.
MAD-AMS was not OLCI-able and no seating could be pre-selected which vibes with your observation about outbound-only.
May have to do with the fact that on a single PNR you usually can't check in for the second flight if you haven't checked in for the first one. Ie you can OLCI for MAD-AMS only after having been checked-in for IBZ-MAD.

Originally Posted by ixs
Interestingly, it was impossible to select exit rows in the advanced selection even though that could be fixed during luggage drop-off...
Same here. OLCI gave me the pre-selected seat but I could still change to a exit row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.