Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New JB Policy? Can't move into exit row / extra legroom seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JB Policy? Can't move into exit row / extra legroom seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Washu234
The girl sitting middle nxt to me didn't have TV
Shocking! A TV that was not working. This happens way too often.
On my flight back from Vegas (I took B6), (the FA) instead of telling the guy in front of me with the broken TV to go to the website and contact "Speak Up" as they have always done in the past, she had a preprinted card for him for his $15 credit.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

An interesting twist on the EML on-board charge that I was made aware of in my AYCJ adventures this weekend...

If you're flying on a long-haul ($40 EML) route and want the EML but don't want to pay $40 for it there is a way to get it for only $25, assuming the seats are still available at the time of departure. The CC POS machines that they swipe your card on have a max of $25 that they can process. @:-)

I actually thought the guy next to me on my first flight yesterday was going to hit that limit when he asked the FA to run him a tab, starting with headphones and moving on to several drinks for he and his wife.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by jbsjbs
Good question . . . I've been occasionally assigned a ELR seat without having paid for it, so I'd imagine that if you have a boarding pass with the ELR seat on it then the FA doesn't care or know whether you paid for it or were comped.
Consider it a free upgrade which happens... airlines, hotels, cruise ships, etc... The point is sometime you'll get a free upgrade but that does not mean you should expect it every time. In the end, EML is a product that offers extra legroom... the only way to guarantee to sit there is to pay for it.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jbsjbs
Since I'm pretty clearly in the minority of posters here I'll consider my question answered. Thanks, everyone.

For the record, here's what would have made this an experience much more typical of the excellent history I've had with JB. A small sign/label/etching on the seatback in front of each EML seat that says:

A sign like that not only reinforces the desired "elite" status of the seat, but makes any subsequent conversation an easy one. Point to the sign, ask for the credit card.
Originally Posted by nsx
Excellent idea.

Oh, and welcome to the JetBlue forum, jbsjbs. Please visit often!
That would be wonderful, except, every single item we add or remove from the aircraft, IE: new placard, would have to be FAA approved. That process takes so long by the time we get the signage in place, it's outdated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.