Wiki Posts
Search

Triple TB points: 17 Aug-23 Sep

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AGR WOH
Triple TB points: 17 Aug-23 Sep

This was included in the email I received regarding TB2, but probably deserves its own thread. Register at:
https://www.jetblue.com/deals/tbprom...romoCode=false

*Triple Point Promotion Terms:
Offer expires September 23, 2009, 11:59 p.m. MDT. Offer applies only to TrueBlue Members in good standing . Receive triple TrueBlue Points when you register online at jetblue.com/triplepoints and purchase a roundtrip flight online at jetblue.com between July 30, 2009 and September 23, 2009 for travel between August 17, 2009 and September 23, 2009. Entire trip must be completed by September 23, 2009. You must register prior to purchasing your travel. Triple TrueBlue Points will be awarded only after travel is completed. If travel is not booked online at jetblue.com, only double points will be earned as the online booking bonus will not be issued. If you are not a TrueBlue Member, you may register for TrueBlue at jetblue.com/triplepoints. Offer is good for the purchase of any fare class and may be used more than once. Offer is nontransferable. Offer does not apply to non-revenue travel including but not limited to travel booked with travel certificates or TrueBlue Awards. Offer may not be used in conjunction with other special offers, credit shells and vouchers or toward the purchase of a JetBlue Gift Card, already booked flights, or changes to already booked flights. Triple TrueBlue Points consist of double points for flying plus the online booking point bonus. Offer may not be redeemed for cash. Changes and cancellations prior to scheduled departure can be made online or over the phone for a $100 fee plus any applicable difference in airfare. Refundable fares that are cancelled and refunded must forfeit Triple TrueBlue Points. © 2009 JetBlue Airways®

Last edited by paytonc; Jul 31, 2009 at 3:21 am
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That would be 1x extra on top of the 2x that one earns for booking online, right?

Seems like a reasonable counter to AA's double miles for everyone in NY, NJ and CT deal.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:57 pm

Thumbs down I find this a misleading offer

I quickly signed up when this offer came via email.

But upon closer examination and reading the above posts, I find the triple points offer misleading. It is really a double points offer, as you obtain the 3x only via the extra kick from the on line booking bonus, which you can get anytime you have access to the Internet (once B6's booking site was down when I attempted to book).

Or if B6 advertised, "earn up to 3x the points" I would be fine with that too.

Also odd is the slightly longer than 1 month time frame for flights that qualify.

Even more odd since AA offers NYC area residents double miles thru year end.

Last edited by Globehopper; Jul 30, 2009 at 11:04 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paytonc
*Triple Point Promotion Terms:

Offer expires September 23, 2009, 11:59 p.m. MDT. Offer applies only to TrueBlue Members in good standing .
I think I'm gonna call up TrueBlue Customer Service.

Not because I'm really interested in this offer, but I wanna know more about this TrueBlue Members in good standing list, and what you have to do to get put on it...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globehopper
Also odd is the slightly longer than 1 month time frame for flights that qualify.

Even more odd since AA offers NYC area residents double miles thru year end.
This is the only bit I agree with. The timeframe of this bonus is strange, but I suppose they are happy knowing that they have lmited exposure and can extend it any time they want. Plus, if they do extend it they'll have to rejigger it for the TB2 program so they need that end point.

As for the other comments, I actually think that it is a typical for promos to advertise the maximum number that can be achieved. And, particularly with TB always having the greatest value for folks who book online, the online clause in this one isn't all that surprising.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Flying club silver
I have 2 roundtrip flights booked before this offer was available but within the dates for triple miles.
I am flying from JFK to Vegas.

Am I out of luck, even though I have now registered for this promotion and have not flown yet.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by Godolphin
I have 2 roundtrip flights booked before this offer was available but within the dates for triple miles.
I am flying from JFK to Vegas.

Am I out of luck, even though I have now registered for this promotion and have not flown yet.
Unfortunately, yeah.

From the T&Cs:

You must register prior to purchasing your travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.