Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bad jet blue experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Globehopper
I need to start applying for these, as B6 never sends them out automatically to me.

Why can't we just phonte these in?
Do you book directly with JetBlue, or through a travel agency?

If you provide an email address at booking, that's where they're automatically sent. If you don't provide an email address, you should be notified through regular mail, though the credit will be there regardless.

They can't be phoned in because the department that issues BoR compensation isn't a part of the Reservations team.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
Please, please, please send a speakup... JFK is supposed to be our flagship base and I as an inflight crewmember see this happen all too often. Our customers want to be informed. It makes a huge difference and eliminates confusion. Additionally, it's the crewmember's job as a gate agent to keep customers informed. If incidences likes these are not documented by customers JFK leadership cannot be held accountable (unacceptable) and the service will continue.

Thanks so much.
Theres no accountablity at JetBlue who are you kidding. I vote for a new director of speakup surveys. Yes, thats what we need, more trumped up middle managers who know absolutely nothing about the airlines. Keep drinking the juice there Jax2bos.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by caphis
Do you book directly with JetBlue, or through a travel agency?

If you provide an email address at booking, that's where they're automatically sent. If you don't provide an email address, you should be notified through regular mail, though the credit will be there regardless.

They can't be phoned in because the department that issues BoR compensation isn't a part of the Reservations team.
Its a pity that the department that issues the "compensation" doesn't take phone calls.

I doubt that there's any credit for me anywhere as they have all this on file. My corporate credit card has my work address.

I book via Corporate Blue (when it is functional), which asks me to provide an email that I would like my flight confirmation sent to. I've never received anything from Jet Blue, including once where video screens were not operational on about half the seats. First the GA at SYR mentioned that this should be automatically credited.

Then via an FT discussion on EML bahksheesh upsell and subsequent conversation with someone from B6 HQ who read the post, I was told by B6 that since I switched seats on the plane (moving from a middle seat to an empty row), there was no verifying whether my original seat assignment had a non functioning video screen, and therefore was not eligible for the $5.00"auto credit." Never mind that the screen did not work at the switched seat.

So much for B6 customer service, and life is too short to chase down this platry credit.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by caphis
As to the gate agent at JFK, I would most definitely recommend that you "Speak Up" on the website about this issue. None of the reasons why this flight was delayed preclude a customer service agent from being at the gate area during scheduled boarding to answer questions. Customer service is a huge priority for JetBlue, and it sounds like there was a breakdown here. Speak Up comments are taken seriously, and are forwarded directly to the supervisors responsible for follow up.
Well, I did. On the plus side they actually read my submission completely and even looked up my PNR and noted that my wife was traveling with me and addressed her by name in the reply. That is very nice in that they do seem to be taking the issue seriously.

But then there was the response.
Depending on flight schedules and the situation at hand, our airport crewmembers may not be able to be at the gates at all times, particularly when there are flight delays and cancellations. As you know, we have our Just Ask Desks available all the time to assist customers, but we recognize that in times of irregular operations, queues for assistance can be long.
I find this completely unacceptable. If you have a flight scheduled then you have an agent there, from when the gate opens (generally 30-60 minutes prior to scheduled departure) until the flight departs. Allowing the agents to simply walk off to handle another flight is a terrible move from a customer service perspective, and it sounds like B6 does it on purpose.

I had a very simple question I wanted answered - where was our plane coming from so I could watch it online from the bar where I was happily ensconced and know when it landed. Instead I was faced with no one at the gate and a 15+ minute line at the Just Ask desk. No thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.