Wiki Posts
Search

Refundable fares and B6 credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Refundable fares and B6 credit

What happens if you buy a refundable fare with B6 credit and later cancel the ticket?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It should be refunded to the original form of purchase (i.e. a travel voucher). I have no idea if the refund extends the life of the voucher by having it issued as a brand new one or if it still expires on the old date.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 5:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know if refunding a ticket purchased with a credit extends the credit expiration date? I know it does when the fare drops.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
I'm very interested in the answer to this. Also, not to threadjack, but a related question about refunds is whether when you buy a ticket using TrueBlue credit for another person and then cancel the ticket, can the credit be put into their TrueBlue account rather than back into yours? I called a CSR and they indicated yes, but it was a rather tentative yes and they didn't seem very sure of their answer. To be clear, I'm talking about trueblue cash that was put in my account because of a previous cancellation and NOT ff (points) credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.