Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Blue flat tire

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Jet Blue flat tire

Thinking of taking a Jetblue flight at 8AM but need to cross the border to Buffalo; I don't really care to stay over the night before.

Border crossings are always unpredictable things and it's a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. So I want to know if Jetblue has a "flat tire" type rule, that if I get held up at the border they'll try to find a flight via JFK for me to Boston (they only fly twice a day to Boston).

Anyone with experience with missed flights here? I am quite aware of the "official" stance, so more interested in actual anecdotal experiences of them accomodating you or not . . .
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:44 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "flat tire rule," but if you miss your flight, you can go standby on the next flight at no charge. This means if you miss the BUF-BOS flight, you can standby on the very next BUF-JFK-BOS flight for no charge. If you want to go confirmed on the next flight, you can pay to do so if there are seats available.
Old May 1, 2009, 7:59 am

Caphis is correct. You may want to call them just to let them know what's going on, and they may be able to put a note under your reservation.

Further, BOS-BUF now operates 3x, so you wouldn't have to wait as long for another non-stop flight.
Old May 3, 2009, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Legacy carriers like AA will give you a break under a "flat tire" rule if something odd happens (like a flat tire) on your way to the airport and put you on the next flight.

Thanks for the info that's quite helpful.
Old May 3, 2009, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by caphis
I'm not sure what you mean by "flat tire rule," but if you miss your flight, you can go standby on the next flight at no charge.
This is essentially what the flat tire rule is on many carriers. There are some carriers (RyanAir is one) where the ticket really does lose all value as soon as the door closes, whether you have a good reason or not for missing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.