Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Announcing new service to saint lucia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing new service to saint lucia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thumbs up Announcing new service to saint lucia

Following up on last week’s announcement of new service to Barbados, we're happy to let you know we have yet another new Caribbean destination up our sleeve! We’ve applied with government authorities to begin nonstop flights from JFK to the eastern Caribbean island of Saint Lucia beginning in the fall (likely late October). We’re proposing to offer three weekly flights to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) on the A320, with the potential for more flights during peak holiday times and the ultimate goal of having daily service.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think its nice to seeing B6 is continues more potential new route for JFK-UVF. So this is limited range where A320 can be reachable into UVF? So is that only for operating thrice-weekly frequencies, am I correct? So we will try to see if B6 will continuation to get more expandable service for STT, STX, KIN, GCM, GND, FPO and few others specific routes, too.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
So this is limited range where A320 can be reachable into UVF?
UVF is well within the range of the A320, yes.

So is that only for operating thrice-weekly frequencies, am I correct?
Correct. Filing is for three flights a week, initially, eventually building to daily service.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I like this move. That is a rather high yield market and they have a lot of potential upside on the flights. Then again, AA tried and had to pull out after a couple months offering a similar schedule, so who knows. But I like the Caribbean focus that JetBlue is pushing these days.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
I like this move. That is a rather high yield market and they have a lot of potential upside on the flights. Then again, AA tried and had to pull out after a couple months offering a similar schedule, so who knows. But I like the Caribbean focus that JetBlue is pushing these days.
Yes, I believe AA has been discontinuation this route due to poor performance. So since B6 will be takeover for JFK-UVF as for replacement AA. Hope B6 will be very successful route for JFK-UVF. I remember AA is on operating 757 aircraft for JFK-UVF, am I correct? I remember it was in between 2 or 3x weekly frequencies.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 5:54 pm

Great they're adding St Lucia!
Any news on Port Au Prince or Port of Spain? Barger mentioned them as well as Bridgetown in an interview (Flightglobal.com) as possible new destinations this year. Hitting 60 destinations this year would be quite a milestone.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
Great they're adding St Lucia!
Any news on Port Au Prince or Port of Spain? Barger mentioned them as well as Bridgetown in an interview (Flightglobal.com) as possible new destinations this year. Hitting 60 destinations this year would be quite a milestone.
No news for POS or PAP this time. You will have wait to see if B6 is considered for more potential new Caribbean routes sometime in the future. So I think it should be little bit more patience for awhile if B6 will continues more built-up at JFK hub. There are looking for more domestic route for JFK-MCI/STL/MKE/DTW/SAV/DAB/EYW/ABQ/RNO/COS/ICT/FAR/DSM/PIA and more specific routes will have decide to choose to gets more new cities coming soon if the economic will have fully recovery.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's official news releases for JFK-UVF

http://sev.prnewswire.com/null/20090...9042009-1.html

There is no specific date to be set for JFK-UVF yet. Its should be wait for another more PR for next time. If they are receipt of government approval. So hopefully B6 will inaugural service for JFK-UVF sometime in late-October 2009.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.