Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue doesn't return my Award credit for thier schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: citi premier pass

I was scheduled to fly on Jetblue from JFK-SEA on flight 83 on Sept 19th on Jetblue. I had booked the flight through TrueBlue award. Apparently they had a schedule change or a cancellation, and now they have booked me from JFK-BOS-SEA. I am not able to make the flight since I cannot miss work.

I called Jetblue to refund me the true blue credit and put it back in my account, and they refused to do this. Even though it is their fault, they refused to return me the credit. This is the first time I have ever seen an airline not credit me for something that is their fault.

Do you knows know of any way how I can get the award back in my account? The agent I spoke to was just rude. I have always been a big fan of JetBlue, but after my experience today, I am never going to fly again. This is cheating and I dont expect airlines to treat thier customers this way.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I would call back and ask for a supervisor to explain your situation to. Usually they have the ability to override the system (if the problem was that it wasn't allowable in the system - otherwise, if it was just a nasty agent, you'll hopefully get someone who is more sympathetic).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I am very sorry to hear of your experience today. The phone agents are usually helpful and understanding in matters such as these. Take the advice from the above poster and call in to speak to a supervisor. If that does not work, go to Speak Up on the web site - they should definitely help you out. Please let us know the outcome.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:45 am

You should read the Contract of Carriage. Under section 25 & 37 when JetBlue fails to operate any scheduled flight you are entitled to receive a refund to the original form of payment. If the rerservation agent or supervisor can't help you ask for someone from TrueBlue to fix the problem.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by halftechie
I have always been a big fan of JetBlue, but after my experience today, I am never going to fly again.
Unless this is just hyperbole on your part, then you don't really have any future need for the credit anyway.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:22 pm

Call the 1800jetblue and immediately ask for a supervisor to accomodate for a schedule change. Rewards can be reinstated. You earned it. It is yours and jetBlue will reinstate it. I apologize for the way it has been handled but you will have that back. It is sad and I understand why you not want to fly again because of the way the situation was handled. Please call again and dispute it.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions. I wrote an email to the *Speak Up* section of Jetblue. I'll try calling them again tonight and try talking to a supervisor.

Yesterday I had spoken to the Trueblue awards supervisor, but that didnt help. They said they would do a schedule date change as a one time courtesy (!!!!) and I needed to change the name I would have to pay 100 dollars. Also, they refused to credit back the Award.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
ServeNProtect, Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:19 am

Thank you jetBlueNYFL. I look forward to the good discussions here.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
This really seems awful if true. Its clear that 83 no longer operates on that day, and none of the alternates even come close to being reasonable timewise. They had better do the right thing on this one....
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all your suggestions. Speak Up replied to me and they refunded my credit.

I am very happy to see the credit back in my account. I just hope they really fix the problem with customer service or Trueblue phone service.

Here is their reponse in case you are interested:

Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways regarding canceling your TrueBlue award flight due to an schedule change. We appreciate the time to research this further.

We regret to hear of your unpleasant exchange and can only assure you that this is not indicative of the customer service standards for which we strive. Please be assured that the we have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate leadership for their review and captured learnings, and that every attempt will be made to improve our service going forward.

We have cancelled your flight due to the schedule change and have but back the award into your TrueBlue account. The award will still expire on the original expiration date of xxx, 2009.
Please make sure to book a flight before it expires or it will be forfeited.

As a service-oriented airline with an enviable reputation, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you onboard a future JetBlue flight.

Sincerely,
xxx
Customer Commitment Crew
JetBlue Airways
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:46 pm

Glad to hear the TB award was redeposited. For some reason I was surprised that they used the word "enviable"

So, will you be giving JetBlue anotherr chance?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:10 am

That is great news halftechie. I am glad they were able to resolve this issue. We hope you will give us another chance. We appreciate your feedback and business. We value you as a customer and a member of our Trueblue program. We can only better our customer service thru honest productive feedback. Misunderstandings happen and I am just happy that we were able to resolve this with the right outcome and do the right thing. We look forward to you Jetting with us again.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again everyone. I hope Jetblue fixes this problem - so others would not have to go through this.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Does anyone have experience getting a "refund" for a TrueBlue award after the expiration date of the award?

Using an award with an expiration date of 18-August, I booked a flight for 20-October. The flight was cancelled due to weather. Is there any way to get an award back in my account with a later expiration date?

JetBlue has offered to let me reschedule the flight without penalty, but they seem to have trouble actually storing the credit in their system. They're keeping it as a future-dated ticket at the moment, but I don't look forward to explaining the whole thing to the agent when I call to rebook it in several months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.