Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue doesn't return my Award credit for thier schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue doesn't return my Award credit for thier schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by halftechie
I was scheduled to fly on Jetblue from JFK-SEA on flight 83 on Sept 19th on Jetblue. I had booked the flight through TrueBlue award. Apparently they had a schedule change or a cancellation, and now they have booked me from JFK-BOS-SEA. I am not able to make the flight since I cannot miss work.

I called Jetblue to refund me the true blue credit and put it back in my account, and they refused to do this. Even though it is their fault, they refused to return me the credit. This is the first time I have ever seen an airline not credit me for something that is their fault.

Do you knows know of any way how I can get the award back in my account? The agent I spoke to was just rude. I have always been a big fan of JetBlue, but after my experience today, I am never going to fly again. This is cheating and I dont expect airlines to treat thier customers this way.

Oh My, I am sooo sorry that you are having this problem with JB. I agree, you should contact a supervisor, and very nicely explain what happened. I hope that helps. Let us know if we can intervene for you.

And welcome to Flyertalk. I hope you stay with JetBlue. We're pretty nice all-in-all.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:49 pm

Same boat

Hello all, I am in the same boat. My family booked a trip to Disney, and JetBlue changed all of our flights. My kids will now need to miss another day of school, and my parents flight was changed from late in the afternoon to early that same day.

It's crazy that they can just pull the rug out from under your trip, and at the same time insist on a $100 bucks if your plans change in any way. I have made many calls and still don't feel right about it.

The have offered our money back, but we purchased these tickets when the fares were cheap, and now that the trip is close, it would cost a small fortune to rebook all 7 of us.

We have changed one of the returns to a Southwest flight and will eat the additional cost.

I really like Jet Blue, or did prior to this. I have never had an airline so blatantly break agreements. Actually, and maybe we have been lucky, I have never had an airline just cancel the flight for non-weather or equipment reasons.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Changing flights

One time Delta switch airports for me (from JFK to LGA) (this was about 6 months before the flight) . Luckily I monitor my future flights and noticed it. Another time B6 had changed my 130 flight to a 1030 am flight but I noticed it early enough and was able to change my plans to a 100pm flight . When I called up B6 they were able to change my flight without a problem (or a fee) . Of course a couple of days after I changed my flight I got the email & phone call telling my about the original flight change . Did you speak to a supervisor about this ? Some of the B6 employees may be able to tell you rights you have when your flight is changed. I would have looked up the flight that would be convinient for your family (and had seats ) and asked the reservation agent if you could be placed on the flight . If you got the refund then there is nothing you could do now (I think) but learn for the future.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:32 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by rbonner
Hello all, I am in the same boat. My family booked a trip to Disney, and JetBlue changed all of our flights. My kids will now need to miss another day of school, and my parents flight was changed from late in the afternoon to early that same day.
You didn't say how far in advance they changed your flights. IMHO, anything less than 3 weeks would be unreasonable. More than 3 weeks and you still have a shot at a decent fare on another airline.

Times are tough for the airlines, and they all need to delete underperforming flights and search for higher yielding markets. JetBlue is less likely to delete a flight because its schedule horizon is shorter than for the majors. However JetBlue's smaller size means than a deletion will be more disruptive to customers, as you experienced. Just like the weakness in irregular operations, this is part of the total JetBlue package. You have to weigh JetBlue's advantages (comfort, TV) against these disadvantages when you make your buying decision.

BTW, Southwest is famous for almost never deleting a flight once it is offered for sale. The flip side of this is that you can't book anything more than about 6 months ahead of time. I don't have data in hand to support this, but I believe that Southwest holds some of its capacity in reserve when it builds the schedule, and that this reserve capacity is deployed to serve new markets opportunistically within the current schedule horizon.

To keep these situations in perspective, consider that the alternative to deletion of flights could be failure of the airline. Customers of ATA and Aloha lost a lot more than a day of vacation time when those companies suddenly shut down. Let's count our blessings and remember that perfection does not exist anywhere in the airline industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.