Wiki Posts
Search

How Quick do Miles Post

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
How Quick do Miles Post

I'm currently a Delta SkyMiles member and they are posting miles for flights within 12 to 24 hours of the flight. How long does it take for JetBlue to post miles as I may become a member for some flights I need to take.

Thanks for any info...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Its pretty quick, usually within the week after travelling.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
A few years ago, they were posting almost immediately after boarding, but recently they've been taking a bit longer to post - maybe a day or 2.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Travelmind
I'm currently a Delta SkyMiles member and they are posting miles for flights within 12 to 24 hours of the flight. How long does it take for JetBlue to post miles as I may become a member for some flights I need to take.

Thanks for any info...
How many carriers are you thinking of joining? You posted this on the CO forum as well. Or are you just trolling for random data?

The time to post isn't all that big a deal as long as it happens correctly without intervention and within a week or two. It is very rare that one would be flying to get the points that they need for the following day/week.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Ditto to what dinosims said above. I used to see the points posted when I got home from that flight. In the past few months, I have noticed it takes up to 2 days, which is still not terrible compared to AA's posting period, which I personally find to be the worst in the industry. I commend DL on their faster process.

Also, here's the "official" statement on my TB homepage:

All flights listed above are your future JetBlue flights. Please allow up to 48 hours after travel for the points to reflect in your TrueBlue account
Old Feb 8, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Ditto to what dinosims said above. I used to see the points posted when I got home from that flight. In the past few months, I have noticed it takes up to 2 days, which is still not terrible compared to AA's posting period, which I personally find to be the worst in the industry. I commend DL on their faster process.

Also, here's the "official" statement on my TB homepage:
CO is pretty slow too especially when flying a skyteam airline such as NW. Personally, I never had a big problem with AA myself. US was pretty quick too even in the post-merger era.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:42 am

Question How long for points to prevent mass extinction?

To save 38 points from croaking on 7 October 2009 and to eek out another award, I'm thinking of flying B6 for a last minute business trip that will earn 16 points. This leaves me 6 points short, which will cost me $70 plus tax to "round up."

Since it can take some time for purchased points to post, I propose to buy the 6 points (10 really) prior to travel. Then upon my return flight posting, if all goes well, I should have crossed the 100 point threshold.

My return flight arrives back on 6 October, and the next day, if things do not go well, 38 points vanish into the thin air.

My questions are:

1) How long does it take for points to post after a flight these days? Is one day too short.

2) If 38 points do vanish, and points from my 6 October return flight post after they vanish, does that somehow bring those points back to life (UA has a situation where activity that posts later revives dead miles).

There's no sense in my flying B6 and paying for points, if this plan to eek out an award fails.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.