Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Update from David Neeleman - YouTube

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz

An update from the first video about last mont's meltdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zyRKa3Cxk0

It seems like there has been much improvement over the terrible meltdown last month. I think it's so cool that the CEO of a company is posting videos to customers on YouTube!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage, NWA Worldperks, SWA Rapid Rewards, Hilton HHonors, TripRewards
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
An update from the first video about last mont's meltdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zyRKa3Cxk0

It seems like there has been much improvement over the terrible meltdown last month. I think it's so cool that the CEO of a company is posting videos to customers on YouTube!
It's called, "Trying to repair a very broken brand image."
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:01 pm
Suspended

I think its even Cooler that Gerald Greenstein CEO of Delta, announced that he wouldnt be taking any of the 10 Million Bonus that he would have once DL exits Chap 11. Hes leaving it for schloarships and other needed items for the other workers, and not the Execs at that. He walks away with $0 over his reg salary. Thats CLASS
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by craz
I think its even Cooler that Gerald Greenstein CEO of Delta, announced that he wouldnt be taking any of the 10 Million Bonus that he would have once DL exits Chap 11. Hes leaving it for schloarships and other needed items for the other workers, and not the Execs at that. He walks away with $0 over his reg salary. Thats CLASS
That is class, similar to the class David Neeleman has when it comes to his modest salary which is deposited into the Crewmember emergency fund. But what does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It's better that he's out there than not -- although most of the six-minute video is Neeleman insisting that things are getting better and better. But YouTube is the flavor-of-the-month solution for PR types and message-spinners of all kinds, and this production is about as "authentic" or "spontaneous" as the Bank of England is "zany." It's got professional PR fingerprints all over it, from the slick animated open to the "CorpComm" YouTube moderator warning that critical/dissenting comments are subject to deletion. And you better believe it was scripted down to its toenails.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile Cool beans!

I'm glad mother nature got all the snow and ice out of her system just in time for my flight to Arizona next week.

I'm looking forward to giving Jet Blue more of my business, because for the price and the experience offered you can't do better.

--Russ
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I find that the majority of such magnanimous behavior is usually followed by about 100 million in stock or stock options.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I find that the majority of such magnanimous behavior is usually followed by about 100 million in stock or stock options.
but thats where the 10 Mil is coming from Stk and Stk options that are to issued when DL gets out of bankrupcy, its the new stk.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
but thats where the 10 Mil is coming from Stk and Stk options that are to issued when DL gets out of bankrupcy, its the new stk.
Care to wager that he'll get something else of similar or greater value within a year? If he was worth 200 million, 10 million wouldn't matter much.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Care to wager that he'll get something else of similar or greater value within a year? If he was worth 200 million, 10 million wouldn't matter much.

I'll take You up on that, but GG is suppose to retire once DL is out of Chap11 or whatever # it is. So I highly doubt that theres any provision that he is suppose to get a ton of anything down the road.Its usually a 1 shot deal, unless you are still employed by the company an dthey issue further deals later on.

Even if hes worth 200 mil , it does matter since how many others in the same situation gave away their Bonus??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.