Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Why is 1-800-JETBLUE still hanging up on callers???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is 1-800-JETBLUE still hanging up on callers???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bam Bam
Hey Analise! I'm glad the bag was found, too. Good work on being proactive, especially when you were being given the run-around.

The bright side is that, at least, your bag found its way home quicker than some JetBlue passengers did who were caught up in any one of their recent meltdowns!
Through Yahoo finance, I went to the top route down and found someone capable of making things happen. Those passengers whoh were stuck weren't as lucky.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetSet78
All things considered, both airlines just "did their job" in challenging circumstances. Neither really dropped the ball. And for that, good job.
Not even close with Jetblue. Relying on part-time homebodies is a bad business model; we just saw it fail during two rather small storms at least small for the NY area. If they were smart, they'd dump the idea and get a first-class service operation going.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:06 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Silver, OnePass Gold, AAdvantage Gold, AS, NW, US, UA, LH
I'm sorry, I just think this rant about the home based customer service people has reach all time absurdity.

I sit here shaking my head in disbelief as I read this, what is the deal?

Analise - Have you ever had to deal with US Airways people in Manilla? You have no idea how good it is at jetBlue until you've spent an hour on the phone with the call center in Manilla or El Salvador. TRUST ME!

Oh, Delta Airlines, March 16th, cxld EWR CVG at 6:00AM, waited two hours to speak to somebody in India who said, "Let me transfer you to the reissue desk, we can't do that here."

I'm seriously starting to question whether you have been put up to this by another airline or by the Indian Business Development Resource Group.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:51 pm
Suspended

How's this? Home-based customer service reps in India
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:06 pm

Yes, that would be a treat. I always look forward to more opportunities to patiently explain that I can fly into LaGuardia OR Newark, I'm not looking for a flight from LaGuardia to Newark (and certainly not via Charlotte).

My favorite is when I have to engage in email correspondence with people in India, I always have to re-read everything three times and try to figure out what they mean, I know its English but it doesn't always make any sense.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by New York City Flyer

My favorite is when I have to engage in email correspondence with people in India, I always have to re-read everything three times and try to figure out what they mean, I know its English but it doesn't always make any sense.
I have the same problem with my relatives in Scotland
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:40 pm

I have never had any difficulty understanding people in Germany (I don't speak German) but I have a very difficult time with the English spoken in Scotland.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
At home

Originally Posted by Analise
Think whatever you like; you're entitled. An airline's customer service run by part-timers in SLC who work only 24 hours/week out of their homes is as Mom-and-Pop as you can get. I'm entitled to think that and it is as appropriate as your point of view. I now have more respect for Indian call centers. And I can't believe I just admitted that but it's now true. Give me professionals at a call center than a bunch of home-bodies ANYDAY. ^
Analise, I just wanted to clarify something just in case. I get the impression that you believe all of our reservations agents in SLC are at home. This is not entirely correct. Although we boast the fact that we allow Crewmembers to work at their convenience from the comfort of their own home, we do have a call center in Salt Lake known as the SSC, which is the Salt Lake Support Center. Crewmembers full time and part time work at this facility answering calls from Customers. This is the same facility which houses Customer Commitment and other various CS departments such as CBS.

Regards, and pleasant travels.

Please be advised I am posting this on my personal behalf, it is not an official posting from JetBlue.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by New York City Flyer
I have never had any difficulty understanding people in Germany (I don't speak German) but I have a very difficult time with the English spoken in Scotland.
I can understand Chinese before my relatives in Scotland. But that said, if I ever start an airline I will have a home based call center in Scotland - we'll set new records for pissing people off
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Analise
Think whatever you like; you're entitled. An airline's customer service run by part-timers in SLC who work only 24 hours/week out of their homes is as Mom-and-Pop as you can get. I'm entitled to think that and it is as appropriate as your point of view. I now have more respect for Indian call centers. And I can't believe I just admitted that but it's now true. Give me professionals at a call center than a bunch of home-bodies ANYDAY. ^

I realize that I'm probably not going to change your mind about this. People believe what they want to. I am a former JetBlue res agent. I've also worked in other call centers as well. Just because some of the B6 res agents work from home doesn't make them any less professional than the agents working from a res center. Additionally, while some agents do work part time, there are many agent that work full time. There was one agent I knew that was listed as part time. She worked over 80 hours a week by picking up extra shifts. The agents working from home have a time when their shift begins and a time when it ends. They have to be constantly taking calls during that time. They have a supervisor directly over them that records calls, monitors what time they start and end their shift, and even their pee breaks. JetBlue Res agents are not flipping pancakes and getting their kids ready for school as they are making flight reservations. The only benefits to working from home is that agents don't have to commute to the Salt Lake office (and yes, they can wear their bunny slippers). I know some agents that like to work from the Salt Lake Office but I always prefered to work from home because of all of the background noise in the call center. The reason I quit working for JetBlue was because I had a baby and my hours were such that I did not have a babysitter.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:09 pm

I can not imagine that anything anybody can say will make the person happy. I am just very sorry that this person didn't have the pleasure of speaking to some of the off-shore call centers where they are certifiably inept (and lack any basic training)
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I can understand Chinese before my relatives in Scotland. But that said, if I ever start an airline I will have a home based call center in Scotland - we'll set new records for pissing people off
A call center in Scotland? Will one of the requirements be: Must be plastered before logging on to take calls.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
A call center in Scotland? Will one of the requirements be: Must be plastered before logging on to take calls.
If so, that's one job I would love to have (I would be good at it...atleast the getting plastered part. Everything always seems to fade after that).
Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)

Last edited by Absinthe; Jul 21, 2007 at 2:25 pm
Old Mar 24, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Absinthe
As a Scottish-American I am extremely offended & insulted by your post. What other ethnic groups do you have negative stereotypes about? Do you makes comments like this to pax while you are working, too?
Oh man do I need to start putting disclaimers on my jokes. My heritage includes Scottish and Irish. So I am talking about my own family members, there is no real need to get all offended and bothered about a simple joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.