Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination Rumors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I have never been on a B6 flight. But I hope they pick STL soon. Need to give them a try. STL-JFK, STL-BOS, STL-MCO would be great destinations to start with.

Come on Jetblue, make STL your next focus city. The Gateway to the Midwest. ^
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
a.net rumor is that another new city will be announced within a few hours (Friday, 7/21/06)...my guess since its been talked about nonstop for months: STL. who knows though...SAV, SAT, MLB, DAB, RNO, ALB, SXM, etc. have also been talked about!
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
oops...I forgot SWF, ORF, MDW/ORD and most of all MIA!

Still, my guess: STL! Guess we will see in a few short hours...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
oops...I forgot SWF, ORF, MDW/ORD and most of all MIA!

Still, my guess: STL! Guess we will see in a few short hours...
No word today, just like last Friday. I know we got CMH last Thursday but this is 2 weeks in a row that an announcement was rumored and nothing surficed. How relayable are this sources on a.net or where ever these sources may be?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13c
No word today, just like last Friday. I know we got CMH last Thursday but this is 2 weeks in a row that an announcement was rumored and nothing surficed. How relayable are this sources on a.net or where ever these sources may be?
You can't dismiss last weeks rumor of CMH...it was announced, just a day early. Not a big deal at all.

Rumors are not "guaranteed to be true" until it is official. That's what makes it a RUMOR!

Maybe this time around the new city will be announced a (business) day late...on Monday. Let's wait and see.

My guess is still STL, but I was thinking that MSP would be a great addition to jetBlue's route network.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: JetBlue Trueblue, Amtrak Guest Rewards, United Mileageplus, AAdvantage, Starwood Preferred Guest
My guess is still STL, but I was thinking that MSP would be a great addition to jetBlue's route network.
I've actually had a few friends trying to get to MSP lately who have asked me if I thought there was any chance of jetBlue adding it...I said I wasn't sure.

Certantly would like to see them there. The only decent deal I was able to find was $109 each way from Boston on Airtran. It's far more convenient to fly jetBlue out of Burlington for most people up here.

I've only been out to MSP once for a connecting flight to Seattle on NW. From what I recall, it was a huge NW hub, I could count on one hand the number of non-NW planes that were there. Of course, that was over ten years ago, things might have changed. Still think it would be a great pick for jetBlue, though.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:03 am

You can't dismiss last weeks rumor of CMH...it was announced, just a day early. Not a big deal at all.

Rumors are not "guaranteed to be true" until it is official. That's what makes it a RUMOR!

Maybe this time around the new city will be announced a (business) day late...on Monday. Let's wait and see.

Rumors...yea, I understand. What I was getting at was the reliability of the people starting the rumors. Are they people working for B6? Do they know people in key spots? It seems like they are dead on sometimes and dead wrong on other times.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by prhs1989

I like the idea of expanding Austin. I wonder if they would make it a mid-western hub for their 190's. It would allow a connection between the east and west, and it is a perfect market for the 100 seaters. However, I heard that they are changing the planes to 320's for the summer.
Austin is NOT in the midwest! However, it could be a mid-continent hub for B6.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rnizlek
I've actually had a few friends trying to get to MSP lately who have asked me if I thought there was any chance of jetBlue adding it...I said I wasn't sure.

Certantly would like to see them there. The only decent deal I was able to find was $109 each way from Boston on Airtran. It's far more convenient to fly jetBlue out of Burlington for most people up here.

I've only been out to MSP once for a connecting flight to Seattle on NW. From what I recall, it was a huge NW hub, I could count on one hand the number of non-NW planes that were there. Of course, that was over ten years ago, things might have changed. Still think it would be a great pick for jetBlue, though.
MSP is the headquarters of NW and a MAJOR NW and NW Airlink hub. NW has something like 7 of the 8 concourses there. When upstart airlines go to MSP, NW will vigorously compete -- add frequencies on the routes and match the lower fares. Watch out, B6!
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
I have never been on a B6 flight. But I hope they pick STL soon. Need to give them a try. STL-JFK, STL-BOS, STL-MCO would be great destinations to start with.

Come on Jetblue, make STL your next focus city. The Gateway to the Midwest. ^
And STL-FLL, MCO, LGB, OAK, SEA, PHX, TUS, PDX and SAN.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
MSP is the headquarters of NW and a MAJOR NW and NW Airlink hub. NW has something like 7 of the 8 concourses there. When upstart airlines go to MSP, NW will vigorously compete -- add frequencies on the routes and match the lower fares. Watch out, B6!
NW is overpriced and offers sub-standard service. I mean, paying for an aisle seat??? Come on, get real! People will flock to jetBlue when they start service at MSP. In addition, NW is in no financial position to heavily compete...especially when B6 will most likely fly MSP-JFK and maybe BOS. NW is interested in only MSP-LGA it seems. jetBlue's A320's or E190's will be a real treat there with all those old DC9's.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I used to fly through STL about 4 times a month on average. And the amazing thing is that of the hundreds of times I flew TWA through STL I was never delayed more than 5 minutes.
Wow! I guess you never flew to ORD. I had flown that route one summer, and seemed to get delayed just about every time from STL-ORD. The thunderstorm would roll in to STL, shut down the airport. It would finally clear up, we would board, and then we'd wait for a few hours because of ATC delays (the thunderstorm was now approaching Chicago!) I ended up switching from TW to WN - WN's faster boarding, and the fact that they flew in to MDW instead of ORD meant we could actually make it there before the thunderstorm.

As I recall there is an entire TW concourse that has been vacated by AA, so there could definately be facilities for a mini-hub. Southwest and American have pretty much divided up the market. (I think AA cancelled flights to just about every WN city.)
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Chicago?????

This thread has been quiet, and just picked up on a very, very interesting thread over on a.net. Here's the link:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2997953/

I'll be watching this one, and I hope you all do too!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I don't buy into the whole Chicago rumor just yet. David has said repeatily that he wants several gates at ORD and doesn't wish to sublease them from another airline. I have been told however that there are a couple more cities that will be announced this year, so the announcements aren't done yet. There has also been talk from Corporate Real Estate about a Bay Area expansion. I know we've started to use gate 3 in addition to 9 and 9A in OAK.

New Website goes live tomorrow as well!! A completely new redesign
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I don't buy into the whole Chicago rumor just yet. David has said repeatily that he wants several gates at ORD and doesn't wish to sublease them from another airline. I have been told however that there are a couple more cities that will be announced this year, so the announcements aren't done yet. There has also been talk from Corporate Real Estate about a Bay Area expansion. I know we've started to use gate 3 in addition to 9 and 9A in OAK.

New Website goes live tomorrow as well!! A completely new redesign
Any idea of where the new service might be out of? Where to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.