Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any info on Jetblue coming to STL or MCI anytime soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL

One or the other would be a good place for jet blue to start going to build up some midwest business.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dunno about STL. AA still dominates traffic there, even with WN. And since AA downsized the hub 20 months or so ago, WN has added one new flight (STL-LAX nonstop). Someone posted that since that flight was added, WN has actually made minor cuts to STL service. St Louis is a great city, but I don't see it as an underserved market with high prices - the ideal location for an LCC to swoop in and clean up. Others will probably disagree.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
It seem like using their RJ's when they come out to JFK would be a good idea for stl and/or MCI...... maybe bigger if in demand. I bet they would get some good stopover traffic to the carribean... and some to their NE connectiong cities..

If they were to develop a hub in the midwest any ideas of where it would be?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
MCI is a terrible place for hubbing owing to airport layout.

CMH is underserved. BNA is exploitable. And PIT is a beautiful facility abandoned by US.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about BLV for a midwest base? They could probably get huge incentives to serve this White Elephant.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by amanuensis
What about BLV for a midwest base? They could probably get huge incentives to serve this White Elephant.
Because very few in St. Louis are willing to make the drive to BLV to catch a flight. Since most of the metro area is west of downtown (along with Lambert) and BLV is east of downtown, it just wouldn't make sense.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bthorny
It seem like using their RJ's when they come out to JFK would be a good idea for stl and/or MCI...... maybe bigger if in demand. I bet they would get some good stopover traffic to the carribean... and some to their NE connectiong cities..

If they were to develop a hub in the midwest any ideas of where it would be?
You make a good point with their RJs (if it's OK for us to refer to 100 seaters as "RJs"). Perhaps B6 could siphon off some NYC traffic from STL that currently flies AA or UA. If B6 can overcome the "mileage hurdle" - the obsession people have with miles/upgrades/status, etc. then maybe B6 can pull it off.

Hub? In the midwest? I think it will be years and years before B6 starts thinking midwest hub. Lots of point to point success from its current "hubs" (which are really just large bases of operation, not true hubs). Why change dance partners now? Point to point got them where they are, so I don't see hubs in the future. Not for a long time.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by FWAAA
You make a good point with their RJs (if it's OK for us to refer to 100 seaters as "RJs"). Perhaps B6 could siphon off some NYC traffic from STL that currently flies AA or UA. If B6 can overcome the "mileage hurdle" - the obsession people have with miles/upgrades/status, etc. then maybe B6 can pull it off.
Do not call it an RJ in front of B6 senior management. I did that while talking to one of their VPs a couple of years ago and he told me for a good minute about how they are not RJs. Also when B6 announced their order for the 190s they required Embraer to take down any references to regional jets from their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.