Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to SJU

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

JFK to SJU

I am considering flying Jet Blue in February, and I am wondering how comfortable the seating is for this long flight? I am 6' 2"s tall. I have not flown Jet Blue before, and I have heard the seat pitch is better on Jet Blue than, say, Delta. Also, I have heard, that for the most part, the in seat TV screen does not receive a signal on these flights. Is this still true? If so, it takes away from the product that they are known for.
Old May 31, 2004, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by rlaakso
I am considering flying Jet Blue in February, and I am wondering how comfortable the seating is for this long flight? I am 6' 2"s tall. I have not flown Jet Blue before, and I have heard the seat pitch is better on Jet Blue than, say, Delta. Also, I have heard, that for the most part, the in seat TV screen does not receive a signal on these flights. Is this still true? If so, it takes away from the product that they are known for.
Thanks for considering JetBlue for your travel to SJU!

Our A320s feature all leather seats, and have at least 32 inches of pitch in rows 1-10, rows 11-26 have at least 34 inches of pitch. Delta aircraft average about 31-32 inches of pitch for comparison.

DirecTV service ends currently about one hour out of JFK becuase of satellite coverage issues, but since you're flying in February, we should have have our 100 channels of free XM Satellite Radio (not sure about coverage) as well as FOX Programming (pay per view or free, still undecided) installed on our aircraft.

Our current snack selection includes Terra Blues Potato Chips, Doritos Munchie Mix, Stauffer's Animal Crackers, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Biscotti, as well as smoked almonds. We also serve complimentary juices, soft drinks, and coffee. Beer/wine are $3 and cocktails are $4.

Hope that explains our award winning JetBlue experience and helps you in your decision in choosing an airline for your SJU travel!
Old Jun 1, 2004, 7:32 am

Welcome to Flyertalk, Bluecrew85! Just so we'll know, has JetBlue sanctioned you posting on the board, or are you doing this on your own time? (You might want to add a disclaimer to your signature line if the latter, for your own protection.)

Anyhow, you answered one of my questions -- whether the DirectTV service was completely unavailable from start to end on the flights to Puerto Rico, or whether they kept it on for the period in which they were within the footprint of the satellite. Now I know.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 9:57 am

Hello amanuensis!

I'm a customer service crewmember for JetBlue on the west coast, but I've been on Flyertalk for ages. Just popping in to help answer any JetBlue questions I can! Glad to see your TV question is answered!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.