Wiki Posts
Search

More Service to SLC

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2004, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Question More Service to SLC

Any ideas if JetBlue is planning more service to Salt Lake City, UT (SLC), currently they only have 4 flights (1 to JFK, 1 from JFK, 1 from LGB, 1 to LGB) and they are all towards the end of the night (To JFK is a redeye) (from JFK is a late 9pm 12mid) (The LGB inbound is around 10pm or so) (the outbound is at like 630am)

I'd even take a connection in LGB from JFK. I guess legroom and Direct TV are good no matter what time it is.

Jason
From guess where
Old May 28, 2004, 1:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I doubt it ..

I can't see JetBlue enhancing service at SLC.

The only reason they have service there at all is "out of courtesy" to the large employee base they have operating out of Salt Lake City. What's the use of working for an airline if you can't fly for free from your city?

Anyway, I doubt there will ever be more flights.
Old May 28, 2004, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I can't see JetBlue enhancing service at SLC.

The only reason they have service there at all is "out of courtesy" to the large employee base they have operating out of Salt Lake City. What's the use of working for an airline if you can't fly for free from your city?

Anyway, I doubt there will ever be more flights.
Old May 28, 2004, 2:16 pm

Any chance of more SEA flights?
Old May 28, 2004, 2:33 pm

The problem right now is the availability of aircraft. Maximum utilization is in place, and until more aircraft arrive, routes will probably stay the way they are. Expect the a/c to be placed on more profitable daytime Florida route rather than daytime transcons.
Old May 31, 2004, 1:48 pm

I also don't see more JetBlue service to/from SLC coming on line anytime soon. Perhaps once JetBlue gets its regional jets, something will happen -- possible scenario -- JetBlue uses its regional jets on its flights intra-New York state, thus freeing up the larger jets for more long-range flights.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
I was a prospective crewmember of jetBlue and attended a new-hire orientation in SLC where we were told not to expect any new SLC routes anytime soon. They said the service was there primarily due to the large employee-base there. I figure jetBlue is getting some business as well as basically having an employee shuttle.

Hopefully once the E190s arrive some new cities will be added!

-Rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.