Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on TrueBlue?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2004, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Opinions on TrueBlue?

Was wondering what everyone thinks of the TrueBlue program. Any changes to the program you would like to see for 2004?
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
I want to see jetBlue partner with another program such as Hilton HHonors to earn more points... Maybe even a TrueBlue Credit Card? We need more ways to earn points.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:32 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I agree. A hotel partners would be great. And point specials to certain destinations--more of those. Or even a weekly "e-saver" type fare to a destination. And please kill the expirations on the points...thats the killer!
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:52 pm

Put simply: TrueBlue bites.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Give me a break. Its not THAT bad. 4 flight from NYC-LGB booked online gets you 96 pts....4 more and your get a free RT voucher....now 4 flights on AA from NYC nets you what...19-22K miles? pretty close in whole grand scheme of things....and yes teh detsinations are a lot different. But a free ticket to san Diego, oak, lgb or san juan isnt that bad.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 8:33 pm
askworldtraveler

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
now 4 flights on AA from NYC nets you what...19-22K miles? .</font>
Personal post - one of the major differnces in comparing this program to AA is with AA you can gain Gold, Plat or EXP status with lifetime for Gold and Plat available. With these programs you have the ablity for double miles so RT from LGB to JFK is 10,000 miles per flight (plus miles for online booking, check in, and credit card adding another 2,300 miles)- and the miles don't expire so long as you add 1 mile in 3 years.
Many more partners to spend the miles on, many more destinations both domestic and international - The programs are apples and oranges - both work for their customers

edit- sorry for all the spelling errors - jet lag tonight

------------------
Dance as if no one's watching, Sing as if no one's listening and live live everyday as if it were your last

[This message has been edited by askworldtraveler (edited Jan 07, 2004).]

Old Jan 7, 2004, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
The one-year deadline to get to 100 points, the lack of mileage partners and the limited route map for using your award add up to a very weak FF program.

Despite that, I've flown Jet Blue twice (OAK to JFK and LGB), and I'll happily fly them again if the price & schedule are right.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Southwest and Jetblue would both prefer to have FF programs vanish. Their mgmts have in the past commented on how it distorts business and unfairly rewards certain customers. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, these programs have caught the imagination of the flying (and non-flying) public.

B6 and WN program are truly towards FFers and not the casual flyers. IF you do fly frequently, then their awards that have no capacity controls are great. They are definitely not good for intnl travel or for saving rewards until retirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.