Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS to LGB annouced...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:43 am
Original Poster

BOS to LGB annouced...

JetBlue announced today that they will fly BOS-LGB. I still believe that this route will be capped very often to due winds or weather. I also stand by the statement that LGB-OAK is not ever happeneing...
Old Oct 24, 2003, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When I think of BOS, I think of delays. I was surprised that JetBlue is there although I'm happy for New Englanders. Yet then I have to remember that most of JetBlue's flights are from JFK! Outside of occasional weather, I've never experienced delays on Jetblue.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 9:38 pm
KGB

Programs: DL, Marriott, Hilton
I read an article that stated that during the power blackouts in New York that many staff members from the JB corporate offices helped out at the airport to have most of the 250 odd flights or so depart in a timely manner or at all.

Should say something about them for thier tolerances for delays...
Old Oct 27, 2003, 3:10 pm

Well, Jetblue is setting a hub in Boston. LAX- Boston is a major travel routes... I flew that route during 95-99 -- I got snowed in twice, but generally, it works... Folks in Boston need to travel regardless of how nasty Logan is. There are many potentials for this particular route -- LGB-BOS twice daily. I can see more flights once the slot problems at LGB resolve, and I can foresee OAK-BOS coming online soon. UA's SFO-BOS routes are always full.

It is good for the Boston market -- it will push down the fare on the Boston to West Coast market somewhat.

Carfield
Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:45 am

That is great news! I've been asking JetBlue about this route ever since they began service at Long Beach, since I fly it 5-6 times a year, usually to LAX direct rather than connecting to LGB.

Interesting choice to begin just a few weeks after America West announced nonstops BOS-LAX. The competition could be brutal. But if given the choice, I'd much rather be on JetBlue.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Well so much for the argument of range in a previous trend on BOS... hehe... Well I'm happy now, even though I have to fly from OAK to LGB first before continuing on to BOS. Alot better than taking the train from NYC to Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.