Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

OAK-JFK: cheap, nonstop but no miles

Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper

I just got back from my first RT with JetBlue: OAK-JFK. For me, the choice was obvious, since only JetBlue goes nonstop from OAK to JFK. Also, without a Sat. night stay, the SFO nonstops were priced at the gouge level.

Service was good, but, of course, not much of it. Just a couple of beverage services and snacks. I used the check in machines coming in. TV was nice, but they didn't have CBS or FOX, so no football on Sunday.

For $301 RT, it was definitely good value. I'll probably never fly JetBlue enough to earn a FF award, so I effectively had no miles or points for this trip.

If a legacy carrier offered OAK-JFK nonstop at the same price, it would be a close call for me (5k miles vs. TV). I'd probably base the decision on convenience of schedule.

Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
With online bookings and promotions it is fairly easy to get awards flying OAK-JFK. It is not just the IFE but increased legroom as others start decreasing it. The miles (with promotions) on majors are ofcourse what keeps pax still going with the majors. The moment they fully dilute FF programs or upgrades you will see more and more flocking to Jetblue and the like.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can always accrue miles on a last minute nonstop flight on the major airlines. They may charge you a heck of a lot more especially if you don't want a Saturday night stay. It's up to you. These days FF miles are not enough for me to justify paying four digit amounts for last minute travel.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by enjoystravel:
With online bookings and promotions it is fairly easy to get awards flying OAK-JFK. It is not just the IFE but increased legroom as others start decreasing it. The miles (with promotions) on majors are ofcourse what keeps pax still going with the majors. The moment they fully dilute FF programs or upgrades you will see more and more flocking to Jetblue and the like.</font>
Thats why I fly jetBlue...I have AAdvantage Miles but I never use it or care much about the upgrades because jetBlue have a way better product in coach than AA have in First Class. I just earn AA miles though my credit card that i use to buy jetBlue tickets hehe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.