Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

why can't users select a seat before finalizing ticket purchase on JetBlue's website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why can't users select a seat before finalizing ticket purchase on JetBlue's website?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 9:27 am
Original Poster

what if there are only middle seats left?

thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
This frustrated me too, and yes I ended up with a middle seat.

I didn't have time to call and change this, but when I got to the airport, they gladly changed it for me, outbound and return.

JetBlue was a dream, this was the only glitch that I had.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 1:44 pm

I just bought my first jet blue ticket last weekn and that happened too, I sent an email to them with a suggestion. They will look into it. Maybe more people should write to them?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 2:26 pm

I know AirTran has the same thing. Maybe it is the Open Skies reservations system that they both use?

Edited to add: FYI-FL(AirTran) gives seat selection at booking to Y, B, and M fares.

[This message has been edited by lowfareair (edited 04-05-2003).]
Old Apr 5, 2003, 3:35 pm

Maybe they're using this as a techinique to keep you in rather than buy someone elses ticket because of seat availability.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 10:17 pm

The situation is the same with Northwest bookings on nwa.com
Old Apr 8, 2003, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I have already emailed them half year ago about this. I sort of remember this was not the case 2 years ago when they first started. It IS very frustrating. I always pick my flight based on the seats availability. AA don't have that problem.
Old Apr 8, 2003, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by adamak:
I have already emailed them half year ago about this. I sort of remember this was not the case 2 years ago when they first started. It IS very frustrating. I always pick my flight based on the seats availability. AA don't have that problem.</font>
I have written to them about this issue.

Like you, I also pick my flights based
on seat availability. (DL, UA, AA and others
all let you see which seats are open before
you make a reservation on their websites)

Old Apr 8, 2003, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I just emailed them as well...

However the emergency exit rows are assign at airport only - and I've ALWAYS gotten them
Old May 12, 2003, 11:14 pm

Programs: FL, AA, DL
When I called about seat assignments they said that the first few rows, and the last few rows, were under airport control. I want to say it's about the first five rows and last three, though I might be wrong and it possibly varies from flight to flight. Anyway, that seems to imply to me that if you get there early you can swap your seat out for one of those.
Old May 12, 2003, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Although, I was not thrilled with the assigned seats on the on-line check-in, when we arrived at Long Beach, we asked for a window and aisle and they were gladly assigned. Both directions, the flight was nearly filled and that middle seat was empty. We were delighted. It was similar to flying AF Business Class in Europe. Very nice, indeed.
Old May 13, 2003, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I always call the airline and they give me an aisle seat. At the airport, I ask to be moved up to the front and I'm batting 1000 on that. Yup, the website it inconvenient, but I've never been disappointed when it comes to flight time.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 2:54 pm

has jetblue changed this yet? it seems really annoying not to be able to view the available seat map prior to making a firm ticket purchase online.

i've only been on jetblue twice.(jfk-lgb and back) on both flights, i was unfortunate enough to be stuck in the middle seat on completely-full flights.(even on the return flight, which was a red-eye flight)
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Backofthebus writes:

"The situation is the same with Northwest bookings on nwa.com"

I never have a problem selecting NW seats prior to paying. I use this many times to check seat availability.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 9:12 pm
21A

Does seatmap.com work for JetBlue by any chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.