JetBlue in Canada

Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
JetBlue in Canada

How is the route to YVR doing?

Any chance we will see additional Canadian destinations like YYZ, YUL or YOW?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TravellingChris
How is the route to YVR doing?

Any chance we will see additional Canadian destinations like YYZ, YUL or YOW?
I don't think too well. SimpeFlying published an article several days ago how they are downgauging to an A220-300 for most of the remainder of 2024 (article link), a loss of 22 seats per flight.

-J.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
To help keep this conversation going:

Between YYZ and ZNY you have AC, AA, DL, P3, UA -- with the majority of flights being to LGA (though all but UA and P3 have at least one flight to JFK). That's pretty packed, especially when you also consider there is the Amtrak Maple Leaf and Greyhound, Flixbus, Trailways of NY, and a handful of smaller bus companies. JetBlue also flies to BUF several times a day, which is a stone's throw from Toronto; many people use BUF and cross the border on the ground as it's generally significantly cheaper than flying to YYZ. Additionally, JetBlue partners with Porter who flies EWR-YTZ on the Dash 8.

YUL doesn't have a ton of demand. There are the same buses as above and the Amtrak Adirondak. As for airlines you have again AC, AA, DL, and UA; AC and DL both serve JFK. It's a ton of competition for a lower-demand route. One could also fly to Burlington (on Delta, and formerly JetBlue) and drive across the border.

YOW is interesting. You have AC, P3 (a JetBlue partner), and UA all flying YOW-EWR. There is no service to LGA or JFK and ground-based options generally require a transfer in Montreal. I could see this having some potential, but I imagine there are other, more profitable destinations on which they'd rather focus.

-J.
TravellingChris and BearX220 like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Jelly of the month club
I'm booked to Vancouver in August on the A221. Got a seat change notification over the weekend, and the summer schedule changed to an A321 with Mint. Great to have a non-stop option from NYC, but even better with Mint.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by James Fleming
I'm booked to Vancouver in August on the A221. Got a seat change notification over the weekend, and the summer schedule changed to an A321 with Mint. Great to have a non-stop option from NYC, but even better with Mint.
Yes, this is part of last week's announcement. I for one did not see this coming given how strained the domestic Mint fleet is, but this is an exciting development. I hope it is successful.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.