Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mosaic on Blue Basic--EMS and preferred seats are free, but core seat change costs $?

Mosaic on Blue Basic--EMS and preferred seats are free, but core seat change costs $?

Old May 15, 2024, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite

This policy makes zero sense. For those who don't know, Mosaic members flying Blue Basic get upgrade to free EMS seats at booking/check-in (depending on status level), but they can not change to a different core seat without cost! This hasn't been an issue for me until now because I've always been able to snag an EMS seat on a TATL flight...until today. No worries I figured, there are plenty of better core seats available. The system auto-assigns you a core seat at check-in (same as all passengers), however when I try to switch to a different core seat, they want $40! I called the Mosaic line and they confirmed this isn't a glitch, while EMS & preferred seats are available to switch for free, a standard core seat (the most basic seats on the plane) costs $ to switch. I'm dumbfounded.
Old May 16, 2024, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Sounds like bad IT. Did you try calling/chatting and asking for a seat?

-J.
Old May 16, 2024, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Sounds like bad IT. Did you try calling/chatting and asking for a seat?
I thought so too, so I called the Mosaic desk. I explained what I was trying to do and the agent, dispassionately, told me "that's the way it is with Blue Basic for Mosaic". When I replied by pointing out that makes no sense that I can select a free EMS seat (only middle seats available on my flight) but an aisle core seat costs money, she literally didn't respond. It was like 10 seconds of dead air.
Old May 18, 2024, 2:58 pm

I would take an EMS seat you would be happy with (or the auto-assigned core seat) and then ask for a seat change at the airport. Any agent should be willing to make this change for you as long as the seat you want is available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.