Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Why was my 3/23/24 flight cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Fll-msy @ 10:15am cancelled.
moved to 551pm same day.

Anyone know what happened?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by snail
Fll-msy @ 10:15am cancelled.
moved to 551pm same day.

Anyone know what happened?
aircraft went out of service perhaps?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:43 pm

Two months in advance? The change to your itinerary is likely due to a schedule change.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Probably a schedule change. It was just in the news that JetBlue is cutting a bunch of routes and cities. While FLL-MSY wasn't one of them, perhaps they are lowering the frequency. They are definitely hurting for aircraft and crews.

-J.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Probably a schedule change. It was just in the news that JetBlue is cutting a bunch of routes and cities. While FLL-MSY wasn't one of them, perhaps they are lowering the frequency. They are definitely hurting for aircraft and crews.

-J.
Thx.
Now i have 6hrs to kill with luggage.
Any suggestions?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thx.
Now i have 6hrs to kill with luggage.
Any suggestions?
There's a great Cuban restaurant about 10-15 minutes from the airport, name of Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine (link to that specific location). That's my recommendation. I haven't been there in several years but they used to be fantastic.

I would suggest going to the beach but that's not necessarily something you want to do with luggage.

Another suggestion is to cancel and take a different airline. That is probably the more prudent thing to do

The most likely, I assume, is that you'll end up sitting around. It sucks when this happens and since 2020 JetBlue has become especially notorious for doing this.

-J.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Another suggestion is to cancel and take a different airline. That is probably the more prudent thing to do
-J.
No penalty for cancelation?

hm.. Southwest non-stop leaves at 430pm for $162, which is only like $20 more.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

No penalty for cancelation?

hm.. Southwest non-stop leaves at 430pm for $162, which is only like $20 more.
I have no idea. I didn't book your ticket so I don't know the fare rules.

Since there was a significant change, I imagine you qualify for a refund if you call and ask. In the worst case, you'll get a Travel Bank (credit for future travel). This is of course assuming you didn't book Blue Basic, though even if you did, you should be able to get something back given the schedule change.

I suggest calling/texting and asking what your options are. Maybe book Southwest and then contact JetBlue immediately after, since you'll have 24 hours to cancel Southwest for a cash refund, just to play it safe.

-J.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Nevermind

Last edited by snail; Jan 31, 2024 at 6:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.