Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue bids farewell to its first-ever aircraft, an Airbus A320 named ‘Bluebird’

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue bids farewell to its first-ever aircraft, an Airbus A320 named ‘Bluebird’

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/j...irst-ever-a320

"The aircraft, registered as N503JB, was delivered to the airline on December 1, 1999, with flights beginning in February 2000. JetBlue operated its first flight out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) to New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)"

"Since being delivered new to the airline, the A320 accumulated 85,199 flight hours (FH) and 31,622 flight cycles (FC) as of April 30, 2023, according to ch-aviation.com data. The site estimated that over the three months that followed, the single-aisle jet amassed a total of 732.12 FH and 282 FC. "

"Its last commercial flight was from Nassau Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) to JFK, with the Airbus A320 landing at the latter at 9:30 pm local time (UTC -4) on July 31, 2023."
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
1123 was my favorite plane in the fleet. She always treated me well. I am legitimately sad that she's being retired.

In other news, she lives on! Yesterday it flew to Florida and today it is scheduled for an AUS turn.

-J.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
...and it was just filed to operate a Denver turn today.

This is bringing back memories of the inaugural A321neo flight, which was actually a few weeks before the official "inaugural" flight with celebrations.

-J.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:08 am
Original Poster

It's baaack....

JetBlue Will Revive Its First Airbus A320 From Retirement As Pratt & Whitney Woes Continue

https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-rev...-whitney-woes/
Old May 6, 2024, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by hiker67
It's baaack....

JetBlue Will Revive Its First Airbus A320 From Retirement As Pratt & Whitney Woes Continue

https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-rev...-whitney-woes/

Too bad they are going to destroy the cabin and refurbish it as a 32M.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.