Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to trim NYC Summer '23 flights due to FAA staffing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue

It must be play time in the jetblue executive offices. I wonder if my summer flights out of JFK are going to get canceled. What a worthless airline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/29/jetb...shortages.html
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
This is totally expected. I know I'm usually the last person to come to JetBlue's defense, but the article notes that Delta and United have already submitted their requests. The only complaint I have is that JetBlue hasn't done it yet and the clock is ticking.

-J.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
This is totally expected. I know I'm usually the last person to come to JetBlue's defense, but the article notes that Delta and United have already submitted their requests. The only complaint I have is that JetBlue hasn't done it yet and the clock is ticking.

-J.
The issue I have is jetblue should look in the mirror before going out and bashing the FAA. Jetblue went from a great airline to a joke. Their IT is incompetent. They are playing games with travel bank money. Tons of issues they need to fix inside jetblue before they bash others. Still waiting for the seat maps to work too.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jimval26
The issue I have is jetblue should look in the mirror before going out and bashing the FAA. Jetblue went from a great airline to a joke. Their IT is incompetent. They are playing games with travel bank money. Tons of issues they need to fix inside jetblue before they bash others. Still waiting for the seat maps to work too.
I don't disagree. I was disgusted when they started putting stickers on the planes in support of FAA privatization several years ago. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

-J.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: UA
Crank had predicted that Jetblue would not in https://crankyflier.com/2023/03/28/w...a-this-summer/

In particular:
American and JetBlue seem like unlikely participants in this plan. After all, their agreement with the Department of Transportation (DOT) to allow their Northeast Alliance (NEA) partnership says that in 2023 they must operate 110 percent of the seats at JFK and LaGuardia that they operated in 2018/2019. I don’t know if DOT has offered to waive that requirement, but it would certainly require an extra step, and one that I’m sure DOJ would hate to see. Even if so, it seems unlikely that American and JetBlue would pull back.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:11 pm
soy

Programs: various
If they were forced to cut back, it might improve their odds of operating the rest of their schedule on-time this summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.