Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

2 hr flight, “express service”?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold

I’m a AA flyer on my first JetBlue flight, DCA-MCO. They only have “express service,” which is just coffee, tea or water. Is this normal for a 2 hour flight?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chazas
I’m a AA flyer on my first JetBlue flight, DCA-MCO. They only have “express service,” which is just coffee, tea or water. Is this normal for a 2 hour flight?
Will they not serve you something else on request?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Will they not serve you something else on request?
They made a second announcement express service only. You have to ask?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chazas
They made a second announcement express service only. You have to ask?
You might have to. I can't imagine that the airline would be happy if the flight attendants did not sell booze upon request, so maybe you can get a Pepsi or some juice, if that's what you prefer.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:37 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
Reverse

Just returned MCO-DCA last week on JetBlue, (new C term much quicker and nicer experience btw) and they offered snacks (package of cookies or cheese-its) and Pepsi products available. Didn’t hear mention of express service at any point. Just a data point, not sure if more or less than expected service on the flight but seemed sufficient as only barely over an hour and a half flight time.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That was not correct -- DCA-MCO should have gotten a standard full service (buy-on-board, full beverage, full snack). I encourage you to write in to JetBlue so others do not have to repeat this experience.

Originally Posted by koje581
Just returned MCO-DCA last week on JetBlue, (new C term much quicker and nicer experience btw) and they offered snacks (package of cookies or cheese-its) and Pepsi products available. Didn’t hear mention of express service at any point. Just a data point, not sure if more or less than expected service on the flight but seemed sufficient as only barely over an hour and a half flight time.
This is the proper service level for this route.

-J.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:01 am

Their Inflight Experience part of their website specifically says BOS-LGA is express service in the small print at the bottom. No other route was mentioned.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton
You got an express service because they were most likely catered incorrectly. I used to be at B6 and you got what you got. The company literally doesn't care about providing the correct catering. One time I was working in Mint and they gave me 30 bowls of shrimp and that was it. lol. My favorite part about not being at Jetblue is no longer being embarrassed.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
My mom was on a JetBlue flight recently and BOS-JFK and they said express service only. Their reasoning was short flight time and weather conditions.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Dracarys
My mom was on a JetBlue flight recently and BOS-JFK and they said express service only. Their reasoning was short flight time and weather conditions.
It used to always be express service on that route. Now I think it is hit or miss depending on, as your mother experiences, flight time and weather.

-J.
Dracarys likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.