Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

ticketed flight no longer available for sale - cancelled or sold out?

Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:13 am
Original Poster

We are ticketed on a flight next week that is no longer showing up for sale. I'm worried it may be cancelled at the last minute. Jet Blue is saying that it is likely sold out. Anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? Worried I may need to book backup flights - ugh!

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mslish
We are ticketed on a flight next week that is no longer showing up for sale. I'm worried it may be cancelled at the last minute. Jet Blue is saying that it is likely sold out. Anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? Worried I may need to book backup flights - ugh!

Thanks
What is the flight?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

FLL to AUA direct
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I do not think it is cancelled. It is probably sold out and that is why it is not showing in a search. Is it still showing in your trips?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FLL to AUA direct
Tuesday?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dracarys
I do not think it is cancelled. It is probably sold out and that is why it is not showing in a search. Is it still showing in your trips?
yes, still showing
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:01 am

Check if the flight in the other direction is selling - if it is then it is likely just sold out.

It is extremely unlikely that a flight is sold out in both directions since it makes sense that next week many people are going to aruba for their holidays (not coming back already)
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Check if the flight in the other direction is selling - if it is then it is likely just sold out.

It is extremely unlikely that a flight is sold out in both directions since it makes sense that next week many people are going to aruba for their holidays (not coming back already)
Ahh, great tip! The return flight IS available for sale, so perhaps you're right that it's just oversold. Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
When nerd asked you for the flight, what he/we really needed to know are the route, flight number, and date. Without all of that, we can't (and most of us simply won't) be able to help you. The information is available to at least some of us, but we need to know what to look for

-J.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
When nerd asked you for the flight, what he/we really needed to know are the route, flight number, and date. Without all of that, we can't (and most of us simply won't) be able to help you. The information is available to at least some of us, but we need to know what to look for

-J.
flight 1411 on Dec 20
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Emphasis on the point in the parentheses ...but yes your flight is operating. You have nothing to worry about (other than the crew not showing up, your plane being stuck on the wrong side of the country, or any of the other usual stuff).

Sorry to take it out on you, but this forum has gotten so much nonsense lately that it's taken the fun out of trying to help people out. Enjoy your trip. Hopefully you're on time, and next time fly a real airline so you don't have to worry about stuff like this.

-J.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Emphasis on the point in the parentheses ...but yes your flight is operating.

Sorry to take it out on you, but this forum has gotten so much nonsense lately that it's taken the fun out of trying to help people out. Enjoy your trip. Hopefully you're on time, and next time fly a real airline so you don't have to worry about stuff like this.

-J.
lol, trust me, i don't normally fly JB, but I have a number of points that I'm trying to make good use of.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lol, trust me, i don't normally fly JB, but I have a number of points that I'm trying to make good use of.
All good. You are currently scheduled to be on a unique red plane and you have a full crew. This is why we need more info than just a route

Good move regarding the points... I am doing the same. Especially after the award booking fee fiasco/trial not too long ago.

-J.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: JetBlue
Good move regarding the points... I am doing the same. Especially after the award booking fee fiasco/trial not too long ago.

-J.
What is this all about?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimval26
What is this all about?
I don't remember which thread it was but for around 12 hours at some point in 2021 or 2022 they charged a $15 or $25 fee on all award bookings. When people took to Twitter(?) they (relatively) quickly rolled it back and said it was an error and there were allegedly no plans to implement such a fee. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it happen this year with all the other TrueBlue and Mosaic changes.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.