Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue TravelBank credit on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
JetBlue TravelBank credit on AA?

Is it possible to use JetBlue travel bank credit to buy an AA flight? I'm specifically talking not about a JetBlue flight with an AA code, or an AA flight with a JetBlue code, but an AA-operated and AA-marketed flight. And can one do this through the AA website or call center?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Unfortunately, no. From https://www.jetblue.com/help/travel-bank-credits#travel-bank-101, emphasis mine:

JetBlue travel credits can be used to pay for a JetBlue-operated flight or the airfare portion of a JetBlue Vacations package when booking on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app. Credits can't be used to pay for ancillary fees, or for travel with our partner airlines, even when booked on jetblue.com.
salut0 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding travel bank, if I have a credit of ~$1400 expiring this month, can I book a cheaper flight with some of it and extend the validity of the remaining amount beyond its current expiry date? Or must it all be used now for a booking to be extended and avoid it being lost?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
All this has been hashed out in other threads here, but in short:
  • Any travel bank credits you don't use by the expiration date will be lost - using some of them won't extend the expiration date on the rest. Even being a long-term Mosaic and using that support line won't help - it's a hard deadline for all the pandemic-era credits at the end of this month
  • You can book travel for other people - it doesn't have to be you.
  • If you do book a flight using those credits and cancel it, they will go back into your travel bank with the original expiration date. In other words, if you cancel after September, the money is lost. Best you can do is to play the game of booking a trip you might use sometime in the future, and changing the same ticket again if you need to.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.