Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Cancelling a non refundable Blue Fare ticket purchased with Travel Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

If I purchase a Blue fare domestic ticket with travel bank money I believe I can cancel it if necessary and the funds will go back into the Travel Bank Is that correct?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Yes. If it is a Blue Fare, the funds used for the ticket will be deposited into a Travel Bank.

-J.
dande36 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Correct, but note that the original expiration date on the travel funds will still apply.
GW McLintock and dande36 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE YX
Correct, but note that the original expiration date on the travel funds will still apply.
Thanks The travel credits expire the beginning of December but I don't want to actually travel until May 2023. So I can book the ticket now and make any changes as long as it's BEFORE December 2022. If I should cancel the trip in January 2023 I would lose the credit right?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: JetBlue
Originally Posted by dande36
Thanks The travel credits expire the beginning of December but I don't want to actually travel until May 2023. So I can book the ticket now and make any changes as long as it's BEFORE December 2022. If I should cancel the trip in January 2023 I would lose the credit right?
It is my understanding that you have to book your flights before the expiration date. The actual travel can occur after the expiration date. If you attempt to change or cancel your flights after the travel bank expiration date, you will lose the money.
dande36 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:23 am
Original Poster

deleted
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimval26
It is my understanding that you have to book your flights before the expiration date. The actual travel can occur after the expiration date. If you attempt to change or cancel your flights after the travel bank expiration date, you will lose the money.
That's what I thought Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Does anyone know - if I book a ticket for someone else using my Travel Bank funds, and that ticket is cancelled, then who will get a Travel Bank credit for the ticket? Will it go to the original (my) Travel Bank, or to the ticket holder's Travel Bank?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.