Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Are we really stuck waiting until 2025 for a B6 lounge??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

Just did JFK-EYW and with a 2.5h delay outbound (and 3.5h inbound!!) I am again reminded how unpleasant T5 is if you need to spend more than 20 minutes waiting for a flight. While it's not as bad as pre-reno LGA, it can get crowded, the wifi is spotty, and there really isn't much to do overall. Meanwhile, you can't swing a dead cat in T4 without hitting a lounge.

After a brief teaser that indicated a B6 lounge for at least transatlantic pax was underway, it seems like we're back to the drawing board. I doubt B6 will even find it worthwhile to start building out a new lounge space now when they're going to be breaking ground on T6 in the next 12 months or so (and T6 is expected to have at least an EI, USO, and B6 lounge when it opens).

Three more years sitting outside of the CIBO food court refreshing my flight status every 30 seconds! Make it stop!
AutoSlash and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:12 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Anyone in for a Kickstarter campaign for a T5 lounge??? 😃
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Anyone in for a Kickstarter campaign for a T5 lounge??? 😃
I mean just to clarify, I would never pay to get in. It would have to be bundled with Mint or free with a JetBlue/Platinum card or something.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
2 1/2 hours should be plenty of time to go over to T-4 and use the lounges there.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
2 1/2 hours should be plenty of time to go over to T-4 and use the lounges there.
It's never 2.5 hours upfront. It's 20 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.
chrisny2, dw, MileTrek and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
It's never 2.5 hours upfront. It's 20 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.
ah, the lovely rolling delay. it does seem a bit odd B6 has (almost) the entire T5 to themselves, yet no lounge whatsoever, if the Avianca flight to GYE didn't leave at an ungodly 2am, id definitely fly with Avianca and T4, and take advantage of those lounges

on a side note, during the holidays, while in GYE, i couldnt help but notice Avianca pretty much left on time from GYE everyday, but B6 had such problems..interesting...
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I mean just to clarify, I would never pay to get in. It would have to be bundled with Mint or free with a JetBlue/Platinum card or something.
I'm sure they're going to absolutely leave no stone unturned to create a lounge for folks who won't pay for it!
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:58 pm

With BA owning EI, it would make sense to relocate EI to T7 @ JFK with BA. B6 could then take over EI's lounge in T5.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bgasser
With BA owning EI, it would make sense to relocate EI to T7 @ JFK with BA. B6 could then take over EI's lounge in T5.
EI and B6 just expanded their codeshare agreement, so it would also make sense if they stayed put.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.