Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LGA- B6 (eventually) moving to Terminal B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021 | 9:53 am
dw
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

In today's NE Alliance press release, B6 mentions that starting this fall, they'll be running a split operation at LGA between MAT and Terminal B, with all operations to be eventually consolidated at B. I'd imagine the full move will be dependent on when the new concourse is finally finished and all gates open. It'll be interesting to see what routes (i.e. the more leisure focused or the more business focused ones) they keep at MAT vs. Terminal B.
Old Jul 20, 2021 | 12:59 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by dw
In today's NE Alliance press release, B6 mentions that starting this fall, they'll be running a split operation at LGA between MAT and Terminal B, with all operations to be eventually consolidated at B. I'd imagine the full move will be dependent on when the new concourse is finally finished and all gates open. It'll be interesting to see what routes (i.e. the more leisure focused or the more business focused ones) they keep at MAT vs. Terminal B.
This is a nightmare. MAT saves me dozens of minutes with all the construction and traffic and time to get an Uber at terminal B. This won't be any better in the fall. If I have to fly another airline I literally fly into JFK just to avoid all that.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021 | 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
This is very disappointing. I wonder if AA credit card members will eventually be able to access the AAdmiral's Club on a B6 ticket. That would be the saving grace for me.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021 | 8:14 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
This is very disappointing. I wonder if AA credit card members will eventually be able to access the AAdmiral's Club on a B6 ticket. That would be the saving grace for me.

-J.
you are asking the same question a lot of AA ff are asking. I think the word is that you can do it on a AA codeshare of B6 metal, but not B6 ticket at this point. I would assume that will be a new perk they add down the line.

If I had to guess, the non-Florida stuff are going stay at MAT for as long as possible. After all, a bunch of people going to Orlando with a lot of luggages will overwhelm MAT pretty quickly.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021 | 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I remember when the MAT was reopened for the Pan Am Shuttle. It was such a throwback on so many levels!
GW McLintock and RWPrincess like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021 | 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
Originally Posted by zrs70
I remember when the MAT was reopened for the Pan Am Shuttle. It was such a throwback on so many levels!
I am still upset to this day that Delta consolidated operations and took their shuttle out of the MAT. It isn't even that nice of a terminal, but the rotunda is cool and it's just so damn convenient.

As of 2019, the restaurant in the MAT would make you a bagel with any spread for around $5-6, which is a lot... but that included the lox spread, so that was a real bargain. I'm not sure if they're still around but I'll miss that.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021 | 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I am still upset to this day that Delta consolidated operations and took their shuttle out of the MAT. It isn't even that nice of a terminal, but the rotunda is cool and it's just so damn convenient.

As of 2019, the restaurant in the MAT would make you a bagel with any spread for around $5-6, which is a lot... but that included the lox spread, so that was a real bargain. I'm not sure if they're still around but I'll miss that.

-J.
The resturant outside of security in the original MAT Building closed. Are you talking about the CIBO Express Gourmet Market by the gates with the express pizza ovens?
Other than Dunkin Donuts everything at MAT was Cibo even the Hudson News pre-security closed.
That said, it has been great with B6 there, even with UOM process is so much simpler there then at Terminal A or JFK (True nightmare there).
Old Jul 21, 2021 | 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
The resturant outside of security in the original MAT Building closed. Are you talking about the CIBO Express Gourmet Market by the gates with the express pizza ovens?
Other than Dunkin Donuts everything at MAT was Cibo even the Hudson News pre-security closed.
That said, it has been great with B6 there, even with UOM process is so much simpler there then at Terminal A or JFK (True nightmare there).
It was the place at the top of the ramp past the CIBO. They had a bar and a counter... I think they did faux Euro-style pizza in the daytime. But like I alluded to, I haven't been to the MAT in around two years.
Old Jul 31, 2021 | 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang
If I had to guess, the non-Florida stuff are going stay at MAT for as long as possible. After all, a bunch of people going to Orlando with a lot of luggages will overwhelm MAT pretty quickly.
The flights at the MAT are pretty staggered so that there is usually only 1-2 going in/out at one time. Those who have a lot of luggage will check their bags so it makes no difference to the waiting area. I hated crowds before the pandemic and would purposely fly through the MAT to avoid JFK at all costs. And my biggest issue with the MAT has been that there is only one restroom for the entire terminal. There is enough room to spread out in the seating areas pre-flight.

Yes, GW the restaurant is still there though I'm not sure of the current menu.
Old Aug 1, 2021 | 6:17 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
And my biggest issue with the MAT has been that there is only one restroom for the entire terminal. .
there are two sets of bathrooms, one before and one after security.
There is a bathroom, even just remodeled a few years ago with those trench sinks, just as you come in the old historic building with the mural of flight men's to one side of the entrance and women's to the other.
Old Jul 8, 2022 | 11:28 am
dw
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Im at MAT now flying up to Boston today and it looks like I came on the last day! Theres a sign up that says all Boston flights are moving to B starting 7/9.

Security at the new B has been taking a lot longer than the old B (downside of centralized security checkpoints), so Im going to miss the efficiency of the MAT. Today I went from the curb to the gate in less than 5 minutes.
Old Jul 14, 2022 | 6:27 am
5 Years on Site

Oh wow. What's going to happen to MAT now? Still the Spirit flights? MAT was great for the LGA/BOS shuttle given you could get right to the gate or get a taxi/Uber quite quickly.
Old Jul 14, 2022 | 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dn10
Oh wow. What's going to happen to MAT now? Still the Spirit flights? MAT was great for the LGA/BOS shuttle given you could get right to the gate or get a taxi/Uber quite quickly.
The MAT is now for Spirit only. It honestly makes sense for them since they have a tiny PreCheck line there and most of their passengers don't have it, and now they don't need to impede on other airlines' space as they have in the past.

-J.
Old Jul 15, 2022 | 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I'm so sad about this - I'm scheduled to fly LGA-BOS next week and was looking forward to flying out of the MAT 😭

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.