Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

any kind of compensation for this delay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 11:11 am
Original Poster

am i within my rights to request some kind of compensation, travel bank etc, for my flight that was delayed several hours last night from gye-jfk. it was scheduled to leave 9:43pm gye time, but we didnt push back from the gate until 1:26am gye time, over 3 hours late, due to late arriving aircraft, and once boarded about another hour delay due to "weights and balances checks for the aircraft" i feel as though anyone on this flight should get something...
Old May 30, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
During the delay, if you waited at the terminal, you would get a $50 travel credit and if you waited inside the aircraft, you would get a $100 travel credit according to JetBlue's policy.
JetBlue should contact you within 7 days after your flight. You don't need to take action at this point. If you don't receive your credit within 7 days, contact them.

Source:
writerguyfl and obiwan1 like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
What was the reason for the late inbound aircraft? That probably will determine whether your flight would be compensated.
​​​​​
bgasser likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
What was the reason for the late inbound aircraft? That probably will determine whether your flight would be compensated.
​​​​​
weather in nyc...then we sat for about an hour after boarding due to "weights and balances checks"
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA, United
Delayed 2.5 hrs FLL to LGA Jet Blue

Currently on a flight form FLL to LGA with a 2.5 hour delay. Not sure why but the aircraft wasn’t incoming it was towed to the gate empty (and not clean there were French fries all over the floor)

my heart sank when I saw it was one of the tired old A320 interiors with screens the size of a parking meter display and no recline. I had booked EMS in seat 1A (NEVER do this the legroom in this row is in fact horrible for a taller person)and worse got moved to 1E (middle seat with no other options available ) as an elderly person was already moved into 1A. These seats barely recline either so what are we paying for? Add to that it was a packed flight and the IFE didn’t work and it was 3 hours of misery, and even if it does the movie selection is on rotation a la 1990s.

I have flown on the refitted A320 and it is night and day, not even worth EMS, but is flying JetBlue worth it for the risk of ending up on one of these outdated planes? I see they are flying transatlantic soon, not sure if I trust the product enough to want to risk ending up on a flight like this one, I think I’ll stick with tried and tested for now.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by britNY
Currently on a flight form FLL to LGA with a 2.5 hour delay. Not sure why but the aircraft wasn’t incoming it was towed to the gate empty (and not clean there were French fries all over the floor)

my heart sank when I saw it was one of the tired old A320 interiors with screens the size of a parking meter display and no recline. I had booked EMS in seat 1A (NEVER do this the legroom in this row is in fact horrible for a taller person)and worse got moved to 1E (middle seat with no other options available ) as an elderly person was already moved into 1A. These seats barely recline either so what are we paying for? Add to that it was a packed flight and the IFE didn’t work and it was 3 hours of misery, and even if it does the movie selection is on rotation a la 1990s.

I have flown on the refitted A320 and it is night and day, not even worth EMS, but is flying JetBlue worth it for the risk of ending up on one of these outdated planes? I see they are flying transatlantic soon, not sure if I trust the product enough to want to risk ending up on a flight like this one, I think I’ll stick with tried and tested for now.
The good news is that by the end of this year, they are basically done with the entire refurbishment program aside from 11 a320s that aren't going to be refurbished. or at least 90% done. The unrefurbished ones will retire starting in 2023.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by michael1023
weather in nyc...then we sat for about an hour after boarding due to "weights and balances checks"
Highly unlikely you'll get anything as the majority of the delay was due to weather. Unfortunate reality of flying through New York.
bgasser likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL, UA, B6
I was on JB 665 8 days ago. It experienced 4.65 hours of 'controllable irregularity' according to the chat person, so I should get something between 100 and 175$. However, she could only offer me $50, and, as yet I haven't been contacted by operations.

Pretty obnoxious delay -- plane was supposed to leave at 752 pm and left at 1255 am. They were parading pieces of the plane up and down like talismans, and claimed they couldn't fix it due to shift changes, and then the crew timed out. They gave us $12 food vouchers at 11 which basically covered a hot dog.

Is there a way to escalate this? This is the second absolute meltdown on a cross country trip in 3 tries for me.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by bunsofsteel
I was on JB 665 8 days ago. It experienced 4.65 hours of 'controllable irregularity' according to the chat person, so I should get something between 100 and 175$. However, she could only offer me $50, and, as yet I haven't been contacted by operations.

Pretty obnoxious delay -- plane was supposed to leave at 752 pm and left at 1255 am. They were parading pieces of the plane up and down like talismans, and claimed they couldn't fix it due to shift changes, and then the crew timed out. They gave us $12 food vouchers at 11 which basically covered a hot dog.

Is there a way to escalate this? This is the second absolute meltdown on a cross country trip in 3 tries for me.
Starting about 10 years ago I flew JetBlue quite a bit for work-related travel and learned the hard way that being spread thin, as they were at that time, could sometimes be painful for pax. But the work-related travel ceased for some years and in the interim, JetBlue apparently degenerated, considerably. Had I bothered to read FT JetBlue threads before booking, possibly I would have rethought my plans, but I did not do so. Thus, it is partly my fault that I had a similar experience flying out of BOS recently; when I booked, I told myself "it's a hub for them, if there is an issue they aren't spread thin there." Well... that turned out to be wrong.

My departure from BOS was delayed five hours, of which 30 minutes (just 10%) was due (per the pilot) to weather-related delays. The rest of the delay (60%) was spent sitting on the plane, which taxiied back to the gate, while mechanics attempted to fix it, then a plane swap at a gate far, far away, with more waiting inside the terminal in-between (30%). In your mind's eye picture families with toddlers melting down, plus it is so late everything is closed inside the terminal. You couldn't buy anything even if they gave out vouchers, which they did not bother with.

Flight data shows this particular flight has had similar delays recently, so not the first time; I will take a few moments to write up a letter, which I will send around-- for example, I searched and found someone in B6 management who works in Boston-- and I might shotgun variants of the letter as "personal and confidential" via snail-mail to a few different people in the B6 heirarchy, just to see what shakes loose. Probably nothing, but it gives me an opportunity to pitch my ...... One never knows. I'm sure most will be round-filed, but nothing ventured, nothing gained?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.