Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Might Move Headquarters from NY to Florida

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

FYI/FWIW:

David
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

For what, the third (?) time?

This is just a ploy to get tax breaks and/or money out of NYC and NYS. I for one hope they go to Florida. As a NYS taxpayer, I don't need them here. Bye!

What I expect to happen (as has happened in the past, albeit more quietly/unofficially) is that some jobs will move to FL while the "official HQ" is still in Long Island City. They lease 2.5 floors from MetLife; I'm sure they would be happy to reduce their footprint in an area where property values continue to rise.

-J.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:13 pm

Someone else posted the part they actually sent to the employees
"We are exploring a number of paths, including staying in Long Island City, moving to another space in New York City, and/or shifting a to-be-determined number of LSC roles to existing support centers in Florida.'

Which makes a lot of sense. Commercial real estate prices are way down in NYC in this age of decentralized work/WFH that we live in. They probably don't need as much space as they have in LIC right now. And I'm sure a bunch of landlord around the city are offering really low leases. They are not the only company looking to get a reduction on their lease term. As for moving yet to be determined jobs to Florida, that really depends on how many people want to move there. From personal experience, companies are opening up satellite offices around NY are and other parts of the country to be closer to where their employees want to work. If JetBlue wants to keep and compete for talented employees, they need to do that.
Truckinurload likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Wow - Just read the article. I hadn't been following their financial fortunes, but I certainly hope they survive - wherever they're based!

The first airline to make domestic flying pleasant again (at least in Mint!) - I will fly them anywhere in the USA that they serve, and am already booked for April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.