Wiki Posts
Search

Help on Downgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Help on Downgrades

It seems I'm stuck on this and need help. I booked a flight in Mint BOS-UVF and they have taken Mint off that flight.
Prices for BLUE are basically the same now as my mint flight was and they are basically offering no compensation for the downgrade. Any thoughts on what i can do here?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
How long ago did you book? When is the flight?

jetblue SHOULD offer the fare that was available the day you booked. But it’s impossible for you to get that info, unless you took a screenshot.

I would consult with a supervisor.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:12 pm

Similar situation, I booked SAN-BOS-MCO with the first leg being on Mint. They offered to keep me on the same weekend flight but it wouldn't be Mint or I could do Mint a day earlier, no compensation to downgrade.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

WHere are the mint planes going?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is not clear that the downgrade refund -- not compensation -- is based on the fares in effect on the date the Mint seat was booked. B6 follows common industry practice and this means that refunds are close to meaningless.

Nonetheless, agreed that it always makes sense to screenshot the pricing page when making a booking. It makes for better advocacy later and -- who knows -- a new DOT might change the rule and define what it means by refund for "downgrade".
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:37 pm

I’m guessing JetBlue is pulling them from the VFR routes and back to their regular routes where people will pay the premium for Mint.

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
WHere are the mint planes going?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

So I called Mosiac Line and they were able to reprice back to the original lower fares.
Truckinurload likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.