Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 what are next new city to be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 what are next new city to be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by IndustryLeading
they'll have plenty of MINT aircraft lying around. I dont expect LAX-PBI to be around much longer. Outside of some Thanksgiving traffic, that route has largely been a bust. Who knows what happens to MIA-LAX. Right now they have more MINT aircraft then they need.
I think you’re right about that. I don’t think PBI-LAX work. Last time AA who tried PBI-LAX in the past and it did not work. Due to low demand. It won’t be last longer.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IndustryLeading
they'll have plenty of MINT aircraft lying around. I dont expect LAX-PBI to be around much longer. Outside of some Thanksgiving traffic, that route has largely been a bust. Who knows what happens to MIA-LAX. Right now they have more MINT aircraft then they need.
I could see PBI going seasonal. Otherwise though, I don't think they have a lot of Mint A321s around, in fact I believe they're somewhat short on them.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:45 am

They are going to be short on mint aircraft pretty soon imo. As transcon demand comes back, stuff like EWR-LAX/SFO will see their frequencies increase. Ideally, EWR-SAN should also be on mint. They are probably taking 3 A321NEOs in mint config next year. That's just not enough to cover all the EWR flying they are adding. Long term, I think BOS-SEA/LAS probably shouldn't be mint routes.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tphuang
They are going to be short on mint aircraft pretty soon imo. As transcon demand comes back, stuff like EWR-LAX/SFO will see their frequencies increase. Ideally, EWR-SAN should also be on mint. They are probably taking 3 A321NEOs in mint config next year. That's just not enough to cover all the EWR flying they are adding. Long term, I think BOS-SEA/LAS probably shouldn't be mint routes.
EWR-SAN has Mint on selected dates.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:06 pm

will jetblue ever have mint service on bos-sju (puerto rico)?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mr_rogers
will jetblue ever have mint service on bos-sju (puerto rico)?
At the moment B6 is short of Mint equipped aircraft and only using them on key routes with actual competition.
The BOS-SJU route is only operated by JetBlue and Spirit so there is no premium product offered at all so it wouldn't make sense to put Mint equipped aircraft on this route.

If there was premium demand, at least one of the US3 would have operated this route.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I don't think SJU will ever see Mint. The flights aren't really long enough and the premium demand just isn't there.

-J.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:40 pm

I actually got this from someone else yesterday, but it got posted on paxex today.
https://paxex.aero/american-jetblue-...te-adjustment/

New cities they mentioned here include SAT, MCI, STL, MKE, COL, PTY and YVR. I tend to think this is the list under consideration for after this year. So, I'm still expecting IND, CMH, CVG, SAL and SAP this year.
N830MH likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by tphuang
I really hope you're wrong on BOS-SEA. I really love flying mint on this route, but sadly I could see it ending in the future as BOS-PDX (seasonal) is non-mint and Delta + Alaska only have run of the mill 737s on the route.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
Searched and didn't see this mentioned. BOI-JFK seasonally

"JetBlue announced it will add operations at the Boise Airport this summer – and give travelers a direct route from Boise to New York City."

JetBlue announced it will add operations at the Boise Airport this summer
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Also Kalispell. That is very exciting. It will be awesome to have a nonstop flight from here, and hopefully it is reasonably priced.

-J.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ddavault
Searched and didn't see this mentioned. BOI-JFK seasonally

"JetBlue announced it will add operations at the Boise Airport this summer – and give travelers a direct route from Boise to New York City."

JetBlue announced it will add operations at the Boise Airport this summer

Yup, this is first time ever nonstop flight to BOI & FCA. First time in Idaho. They never been there before.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Wow, FCA and BOI are bold moves, not sure how much transcon demand there will be from there. Surprised we don't see a JV/alliance with Alaska to fly routes like FCA/BOI-SEA-JFK, big gamble by B6 entering a transcon market right out of Idaho. I'm sure Delta and would do it if they saw a lot of connecting traffic.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Wow, FCA and BOI are bold moves, not sure how much transcon demand there will be from there. Surprised we don't see a JV/alliance with Alaska to fly routes like FCA/BOI-SEA-JFK, big gamble by B6 entering a transcon market right out of Idaho. I'm sure Delta and would do it if they saw a lot of connecting traffic.
Airlines are try a lot of routes now that they don't normally try. Leisure stuff that would not get looked at normally gets tried out in this environment. We will see if they stick around.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

B6 announces new routes from EWR, and LGA.

EWR: ANU, BQN, CTG, MVY, ACK, PAP, POP, SEA, UVF, STT. All routes starting July 1st some summer seasonal

LGA: CHS, DEN, MVY starting July 1st

EYW service now goes year round also from JFK/BOS.

JetBlue | JetBlue Launches First Phase of Codeshare with American Airlines, Adding New Routes and Destinations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.