Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 what are next new city to be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi all,

What are next JetBlue new city to be announced?

Any city, any new international city?

My prediction is: JFK-BSL or BOS-BSL, LAX-PHX, PHX-AUS/RDU/MCO/TPA, LAX-HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH, FLL-ABQ/RNO/SMF/BHM/EYW, MCO-PHX/RNO/ABQ, LAX-NAS/SJU/FPO.

Let the speculation begin!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:47 am

Based on what they announced so far, these would seem to be the next logical adds from existing city pairs. I guess next set of route additions would be for where demand would like to emerge in second half of 2021.
EWR-BNA/MSY/ORD/DEN
LAX-GUA/PHX
AUS-LAS
SFO-LAS/SJD
RDU-LGA/SAN

New cities would probably be of the leisure category. So I'm guessing SAL and PTY.
JFK/LAX/FLL-SAL
JFK/LAX-PTY

Domestically, not too many leisure spots left, so I'm guessing IND
JFK/BOS/EWR/FLL-IND
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
CVG is being looked at.

PHX isn't going to get much else, unfortunately. As a hub for AA and WN, B6 doesn't want to get too involved.

-J.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
CVG is being looked at.

PHX isn't going to get much else, unfortunately. As a hub for AA and WN, B6 doesn't want to get too involved.

-J.
I understand that. They doesn't want to be involved. Because it's a lots of competition. I just don't think its happening anytime soon.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
My prediction is: JFK-BSL or BOS-BSL
BSL as in Basel, Switzerland? Where is that coming from?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I almost forgot! IND is also under consideration. I would be surprised if it wasn't announced sometime in 2021 (to begin in 2021 or 2022).

Also, hopefully LHR

-J.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
BSL as in Basel, Switzerland? Where is that coming from?
Yes, it is! Switzerland is right across Germany and France. All you can go cross the borders and no need to stamp.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it is! Switzerland is right across Germany and France. All you can go cross the borders and no need to stamp.
Oh I know where it's located, I'm just curious what leads you to think BSL would be an upcoming destination for B6.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:55 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

So this would be to compete with the other carriers that fly non-stop from NYC-BSL? Oh wait...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:25 pm

I almost forgot! IND is also under consideration. I would be surprised if it wasn't announced sometime in 2021 (to begin in 2021 or 2022).

Also, hopefully LHR

-J.
Did you hear about CMH or STL? JetBlue still misses so many spot in the middle of the country. It'd be nice to actually be able to fly JetBlue everywhere.

Apparently SAP is high on their list among the Latam destinations. I'd take PTY off for now.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
Did you hear about CMH or STL? JetBlue still misses so many spot in the middle of the country. It'd be nice to actually be able to fly JetBlue everywhere.

Apparently SAP is high on their list among the Latam destinations. I'd take PTY off for now.
I have heard about CMH but I don't think it's near the top of the list. Nobody has mentioned STL to me.

You are right that there are a lot of missed opportunities in the midwest. I'm glad they're starting to fill in some of these gaps.

-J.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have heard about CMH but I don't think it's near the top of the list. Nobody has mentioned STL to me.

You are right that there are a lot of missed opportunities in the midwest. I'm glad they're starting to fill in some of these gaps.

-J.
Actually, they tried BOS-CMH or JFK-CMH and it did not work. Due to low demand. It's been over more than decade now.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, they tried BOS-CMH or JFK-CMH and it did not work. Due to low demand. It's been over more than decade now.
That is correct. They also tried Atlanta in the past and left, and now it is seemingly very successful. So never say never

-J.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is correct. They also tried Atlanta in the past and left, and now it is seemingly very successful. So never say never

-J.
B6 had a single daily MCO-ATL flight for a number of years which just recently ended due to CV I believe. This one always struck me as a bit odd because it was just a single turn every day around midday.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:28 pm

They also left SDQ and then came back and now SDQ is the star performer of their system. Here are all the midwest cities they don't serve and probably should serve:
IND
CMH
CVG
STL
MCI
MKE
What do they all have in common? They are all medium sized markets within LGA perimeter that have hard time supporting JFK service without TATL connections and are not large markets from BOS. Now that they are also building up EWR and LAX and have more slots JFK, it would be easier to open these stations. Just look at MIA, they were able to open the station with 14 flights to 4 airports right from the get go.

Outside of those midwest airports, the only airports they are missing from top 60 in USA are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
IAD, MDW, HNL, DAL, OAK, SNA, SAT, OGG, ANC
All these airports are either not in continental USA or are not the primary airport in their area or dominated by their neighbor city (SAT).

So hopefully they do add most of those missing midwest cities over the next few years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.