Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 should think of LON service from LGA in addition to JFK/BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 should think of LON service from LGA in addition to JFK/BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
i believe BA was LCY-SNN-JFK.
This is correct.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by zrs70
i believe BA was LCY-SNN-JFK.
Yes, you're right. I didn't realize that. Now I remember!
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by diburning
If/when they're able to get more slots somewhere in the London area, they could presumably copy the BA1 model with the A220 except without an all-business config since it probably has the range. NYC to LON, and then on the return flight, stop in Dublin/Shannon for preclearance and fuel.
Slight complication: only the smaller, shorter range A220-100 is certified to operate out of LCY, and Airbus has said they have no plans to certify the A220-300 that B6 flies.

The A220-300's range is longer than that of the A318, but the A220-100's is shorter.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You're right. The A220-100 comes up about 100 miles short in range to make it on the eastbound trip.

B6's order contains the option to convert some to -100s.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Reason #452 on why LGA is a "no-go" for London flights: there are NO IMMIGRATION OR CUSTOMS AT LGA, nor does LGA have the space for it. The only foreign flights from LGA are to/from Canada, and US immigration and customs are done in Canada end before you board the plane to the U.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.