Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

can't change/cancel June trip on jetblue.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former business traveler now working from home

Back on December 16th, I booked four domestic tickets on jetblue.com for June 4 outbound, June 9 return. They were Blue Basic fares.

With the whole coronavirus situation, I've been assuming those tickets are changeable. I need to change them; but probably I should have acted sooner. jetblue.com says:

Customers may rebook their flights for travel through January 4, 2021 online in the Manage Trips section of jetblue.com or contact us prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Fare difference may apply. Original travel must be booked on or before May 31, 2020.
But when I go to Manage Trips, the change and cancel buttons are greyed out, with the messages "Itinerary is not eligible for change" and "Itinerary is not eligible for cancel".

Yesterday I got an email informing me of a schedule change, making the outbound flight leave two and a quarter hours earlier. But today my itinerary shows the original departure time. So I don't know what is going on or whether I can use the schedule change as reason to change the tickets.

I really need to change these tickets. Any suggestions or anything in particular I need to know before I call?

Thanks very much!
Old May 27, 2020, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former business traveler now working from home
Update: I called and it was fine. Refund available to credit card. Hopefully this is a useful data point for someone.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 9:53 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yeah, more due to JetBlue's crappy IT than any sort of policy change.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA silver, CO
Originally Posted by MikeInMass
But when I go to Manage Trips, the change and cancel buttons are greyed out, with the messages "Itinerary is not eligible for change" and "Itinerary is not eligible for cancel".

Yesterday I got an email informing me of a schedule change, making the outbound flight leave two and a quarter hours earlier. But today my itinerary shows the original departure time. So I don't know what is going on or whether I can use the schedule change as reason to change the tickets.
I ran into this problem recently. I had to sign out and then click the acknowledge schedule change link in the email. After logging back in, the change and cancel buttons are no longer greyed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.