Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Are JFK and LGA considered coterminal for standby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios

I am flying in from Japan and the flight I want leaves 1.30 hours after I arrive which is tight ,there is an LGA flight that leaves 3 hrs after I arrive.If I buy the LGA flight can I switch to the JFK if it works out that I have enough time??I am Mosaic.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Free agent
What terminal are you flying into from Japan and at what time?

3 hours to LGA can be VERY tight given the construction, potentially deadstop traffic, and your incoming being delayed.

They are coterminal for standby though iirc.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
What terminal are you flying into from Japan and at what time?

3 hours to LGA can be VERY tight given the construction, potentially deadstop traffic, and your incoming being delayed.

They are coterminal for standby though iirc.
Flying to JFK terminal 1 and last Jetblue flight from JFK to FLL leaves 90 mins after I arrive.The last flight from LGA leaves 3 hrs after I arrive into JFK.

Last edited by Tilto007; Jul 18, 2019 at 8:11 am Reason: Add info
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:13 am

A 90 minute connection is tight but doable if you've got GE/ESTA and you know where you're going.

What time of day does your flight arrive?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
A 90 minute connection is tight but doable if you've got GE/ESTA and you know where you're going.

What time of day does your flight arrive?
6.20pm scheduled arrival but it has arrived early on many occasions.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:50 am

In my opinion, 3 hours to LGA at that time is probably worse than trying the intra-JFK 90 minute connection.
Redhead likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
During rush hour I would not do a 3 hour connection from JFK-LGA. 90 minutes at JFK sounds better, but customs is probably going to be a mess at 6:00 with all the TATL flights coming in.

Does your flight from Japan have wifi by any chance? What I would probably do is book the JFK-FLL on Jet Blue. If your inbound from Japan is getting delayed I would go online and rebook to the next day. If the flight's even half an hour late I would pull the trigger on the change.
Tilto007 likes this.

Last edited by hi55us; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:45 am
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for advice,I will book the JFK flight and keep my fingers crossed
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
https://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents/schedule-change
  • Boston: BOS, PVD, ORH
  • Dominican Republic: POP, STI
  • Los Angeles: LGB, BUR, LAX, ONT
  • New York: JFK, LGA, EWR, HPN, SWF
  • San Francisco: SFO, OAK, SJC
  • South Florida: PBI, FLL
  • Tampa Bay: SRQ, TPA
  • Washington D.C.: IAD, DCA, BWI
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Important clarification to that list above: IMPORTANT: Customers traveling in or out of the areas listed above (only) may make changes due to B6 schedule change to a co-located airport.

I think you're better off talking to an airport agent or calling the Mosaic line rather than trying to make changes online. I don't think that list is the same for regular non-schedule related changes.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Tilto007
Thanks for advice,I will book the JFK flight and keep my fingers crossed
Are you booking this all on one ticket?

On separate tickets, I would be a little concerned about ending up as a no-show on the JFK flight if the inbound from Japan is delayed >90min and you can't call B6.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtremit
Are you booking this all on one ticket?

On separate tickets, I would be a little concerned about ending up as a no-show on the JFK flight if the inbound from Japan is delayed >90min and you can't call B6.
On separate tickets but I should know my arrival time into JFK when I am leaving Japan so I can always cancel/change from there if we are leaving late.I have looked and the last flight from JFK to FLL is often late so I am a little more comfortable,we will see how it works out.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If one is going to miss a 90-min connection at JFK, one is more than likely going to miss 3 hours at LGA. Given that, the JFK option is better. Also worth noting that if OP has checked bags, the B6 deadline becomes 40 minutes, e.g. 50 minutes from wheels locked on the inbound to B6 baggage check.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Important clarification to that list above: IMPORTANT: Customers traveling in or out of the areas listed above (only) may make changes due to B6 schedule change to a co-located airport.

I think you're better off talking to an airport agent or calling the Mosaic line rather than trying to make changes online. I don't think that list is the same for regular non-schedule related changes.
From Experience, I've done same day changes as Mosaic between the following:
  • Boston: BOS, PVD, ORH
  • Los Angeles: LGB, BUR, LAX, ONT
  • New York: JFK, LGA, EWR
  • South Florida: PBI, FLL
  • Washington D.C.: IAD, DCA, BWI

Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Recently flew EVA to T1 with STD 10pm. I was trying catch an 11:20pm flight to BOS with no checked bags and mobile passport plus in J so I was first person to reach immigration so that only took 5-7min+airtrain. We actually landed at 9:40pm but had to wait for our gate for almost 90min meaning it was 11:20pm by the time I arrived at T5. I knew it would be a risky connection because it was not protected but I had not even considered the wait could be that long for a gate at T1. Last time I used T1 was in 2012.
Tilto007 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.