Mint seating rows

Old Jun 25, 19, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Mint seating rows

I splurged on Mint seats. Only the first and last rows were available. Based on Seatguru, I picked the last row. But, looking at photos of the cabin, it appears the lav and snack area directly behind us would be more bothersome than those near the front row. Unless all passengers can use the front lav? Any recommendations on first vs last row of Mint? Thanks!

ETA- is the first row considered an Exit row ( that children can't sit in?). It isn't labeled an exit row on JetBlue, but seatguru calls it an exit row.

Last edited by katieq1; Jun 25, 19 at 5:40 am Reason: Another question
Old Jun 25, 19, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
The first row has more legroom in the bulkhead, I would choose that row.

There is a galley behind the last row that is used by employees and economy passengers using the restroom.
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I switched to row 1. I think I'd be more bothered by the bathroom door opening and closing on the wall behind me than passengers going to the front bathroom. It's making me a little nervous that seatguru calls row 1 an exit row (I have children under the age required for exit rows), but I didn't see an exit door in the pictures I found online.
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
I would go with row 1 in your situation.

I cannot see how row 1 could be considered an exit row. It is behind the bulkhead. For certainty, consider calling into Jet Blue and asking.
Old Jun 25, 19, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by katieq1 View Post
I splurged on Mint seats. Only the first and last rows were available. Based on Seatguru, I picked the last row. But, looking at photos of the cabin, it appears the lav and snack area directly behind us would be more bothersome than those near the front row. Unless all passengers can use the front lav? Any recommendations on first vs last row of Mint? Thanks!

ETA- is the first row considered an Exit row ( that children can't sit in?). It isn't labeled an exit row on JetBlue, but seatguru calls it an exit row.
SeatGuru is often wrong and this is no exception.
Old Jun 25, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: Mariott Silver, Hilton Silver, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, US Airways Chairman's Preferred Refugee
Originally Posted by katieq1 View Post
Thanks. I switched to row 1. I think I'd be more bothered by the bathroom door opening and closing on the wall behind me than passengers going to the front bathroom. It's making me a little nervous that seatguru calls row 1 an exit row (I have children under the age required for exit rows), but I didn't see an exit door in the pictures I found online.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that row 1 is not an exit row. It is a bulkhead row. All bags will need to be stowed for takeoff and landing (which is a requirement of all mint seats anyways). Enjoy your flight!
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic
Row 1 is most definitely not an Exit Row. It is a bulkhead with the forward door in front of it.

I'm not a fan of the Row 1 bulkhead on any aircraft so if it were me I'd go with Row 5. There is no galley behind Row 5. It's a refrigerator and cabinet with beverages and snacks for the taking. The doors are padded when they close.

I also don't think there is a difference between hearing the law door behind me or hearing the one in front of me. Also, there is likelihood people will queue up by your seat to enter the forward lav even though they are not supposed to. That would annoy me more than hearing a door open and close behind me.
Old Jul 3, 19, 4:22 pm

The foot cutout in row 1 is larger than rows 3 and 5. So it makes sleeping/relaxing easier for me.

Search this Thread