Baggage through-check refusal?

Old Apr 10, 19, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Baggage through-check refusal?

Has anyone ever traveled on two separate Jet Blue itineraries (bookings) through one connecting airport, and been refused baggage check through? Terms and conditions seem to indicate that's a possibility, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks!

Mint A - - > B and Coach B - -> C.
Old Apr 10, 19, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, HH D, SPG Silver
The subject has been touched upon in the thread Connecting from Mint to Core

So far the dependency seems to be the length of time between your arrival and departure at Airport B, in my experience less than 4 hours.
Old Apr 15, 19, 10:05 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Your best bet would probably be to just call in when making the reservation and have the agents forcibly shotgun the reservation together. I did this with some success in the past (though the connection the other way...Core-to-Mint...can be a PITA in getting the Mint allowance.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson View Post
Your best bet would probably be to just call in when making the reservation and have the agents forcibly shotgun the reservation together. I did this with some success in the past (though the connection the other way...Core-to-Mint...can be a PITA in getting the Mint allowance.
If it worked for you I might consider it, but from other responses the phone reps have kicked the can down to the checkin agent.