Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Upgrading at airport BOS-LGB? And "Even More Speed"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club, SkyMiles

Hi all. I'm flying from Boston to Long Beach CA on JetBlue in two weeks. I have a regular Blue ticket.

Has anyone experienced the option to upgrade to Mint at checkin/gate for a set price? I know some other airlines (e.g. Asiana, Air India) do that sometimes. Just to clarify I don't expect a free upgrade as I'm a new TrueBlue member (only points I have are from this BOS-LGB-BOS trip) but am wondering if it's possible to upgrade without paying the full fare difference.

One more question - as a traveler on a non-American passport, is it worth paying $15 for the "even more speed" option (fast track checkin, security, boarding if I'm correct)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I don't think this is even a Mint route, so unless you are connecting in LAS or SFO it won't even be an option. As for the Even More Speed, it will get you a faster checkin and security line. Being a non American makes no difference as you won't be clearing any immigration control. The lines at BOS term C generally move fairly quickly so I don't know that I would spend the money.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:30 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

And the only way to upgrade to Mint on a Mint route is to pay the full fare difference. There are no "deals".
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I have heard them offering upgrade fares at the gate, I have no idea if they were deals, but given they were offering at a fixed price I would think it was a deal since they wouldn;t know how much you paid for the ticket. But at $499 or whatever they were offering it for, that may not be considered a deal by all comers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
In any case, BOS-LGB is not a Mint route. You'll be on an A320.

Re: Even More Speed, are you looking for early boarding or speedy security? The A320 does offer Even More Space seats so if you want an upgraded seat with more legroom and early boarding, then yes you should book an Even More Space seat. You'll be able to board with Group A right after the Mosaics board.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Asiana Club
Originally Posted by ellinj
I have heard them offering upgrade fares at the gate, I have no idea if they were deals, but given they were offering at a fixed price I would think it was a deal since they wouldn;t know how much you paid for the ticket. But at $499 or whatever they were offering it for, that may not be considered a deal by all comers.
If they offered that at the gate, this would be a deal for me. At least out of LAX, I haven't seen anything lower than about $549 to JFK.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:00 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
They have offered EMSpace at the gate, but at the published price.

EMSpeed might not matter with the shutdown
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:40 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
EMSpeed might not matter with the shutdown
Or it might matter even more depending on the circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.