FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Upgrading at airport BOS-LGB? And "Even More Speed"? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1950914-upgrading-airport-bos-lgb-even-more-speed.html)

Harmeet Bhatia Jan 14, 2019 6:11 am

Upgrading at airport BOS-LGB? And "Even More Speed"?

Hi all. I'm flying from Boston to Long Beach CA on JetBlue in two weeks. I have a regular Blue ticket.

Has anyone experienced the option to upgrade to Mint at checkin/gate for a set price? I know some other airlines (e.g. Asiana, Air India) do that sometimes. Just to clarify I don't expect a free upgrade as I'm a new TrueBlue member (only points I have are from this BOS-LGB-BOS trip) but am wondering if it's possible to upgrade without paying the full fare difference.

One more question - as a traveler on a non-American passport, is it worth paying $15 for the "even more speed" option (fast track checkin, security, boarding if I'm correct)?

Thanks in advance!

ellinj Jan 14, 2019 6:21 am

I don't think this is even a Mint route, so unless you are connecting in LAS or SFO it won't even be an option. As for the Even More Speed, it will get you a faster checkin and security line. Being a non American makes no difference as you won't be clearing any immigration control. The lines at BOS term C generally move fairly quickly so I don't know that I would spend the money.

AutoSlash Jan 14, 2019 6:30 am

And the only way to upgrade to Mint on a Mint route is to pay the full fare difference. There are no "deals".

ellinj Jan 14, 2019 6:56 am

I have heard them offering upgrade fares at the gate, I have no idea if they were deals, but given they were offering at a fixed price I would think it was a deal since they wouldn;t know how much you paid for the ticket. But at $499 or whatever they were offering it for, that may not be considered a deal by all comers.

RWPrincess Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

In any case, BOS-LGB is not a Mint route. You'll be on an A320.

Re: Even More Speed, are you looking for early boarding or speedy security? The A320 does offer Even More Space seats so if you want an upgraded seat with more legroom and early boarding, then yes you should book an Even More Space seat. You'll be able to board with Group A right after the Mosaics board.

Jay La Jan 15, 2019 10:37 am

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 30652481)
I have heard them offering upgrade fares at the gate, I have no idea if they were deals, but given they were offering at a fixed price I would think it was a deal since they wouldn;t know how much you paid for the ticket. But at $499 or whatever they were offering it for, that may not be considered a deal by all comers.

If they offered that at the gate, this would be a deal for me. At least out of LAX, I haven't seen anything lower than about $549 to JFK.

Out of my Element Jan 18, 2019 4:00 am

They have offered EMSpace at the gate, but at the published price.

EMSpeed might not matter with the shutdown

AutoSlash Jan 18, 2019 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element (Post 30669942)
EMSpeed might not matter with the shutdown

Or it might matter even more depending on the circumstances.