Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mint seating question for couples?

Old Dec 22, 18, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

My partner and I are traveling BOS-SFO at night in Mint. Were currently booked in the second row suites in Mint but Ive realized for like enjoying the experience together and being next to each other that it might not be that great? Im already doing throne seats in TP and AI so I dont really mind but he might find it more special to be in a suite but I think hed also prefer being next to each other. How much worse of a seat is it to be in the two seats instead of the suite??
Old Dec 22, 18, 11:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
If I was flying with Mrs. Bb, we'd def. prefer the two together. Seat and quality of sleep, etc. is exactly the same in rows 1,3,5 as the suites, IMO. We've never done Mint together, but I think we'd find it strange to be across the aisle from one another.

When flying alone, of course the suites are preferable for aisle access and no one stepping over you. The huge empty shelf next to the seat is also quite useful, esp. when working.
Old Dec 23, 18, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Thank you and Mrs. Bb!
Old Dec 23, 18, 7:08 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
I've flown Mint with my +1 and by myself in the throne seats. If you want to share the experience, pick any two together (rows 1, 3, or 5). In the suites you'll be too far apart to do anything (talk, pass items pack and forth, etc) without annoying the rest of the cabin.

The novelty aspect of the suites wears off pretty quickly, and IMO the value is (as BbTrumpet says) in the direct aisle access and extra workspace when traveling solo.
Old Dec 25, 18, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by BbTrumpet View Post
If I was flying with Mrs. Bb, we'd def. prefer the two together. Seat and quality of sleep, etc. is exactly the same in rows 1,3,5 as the suites, IMO. We've never done Mint together, but I think we'd find it strange to be across the aisle from one another.

When flying alone, of course the suites are preferable for aisle access and no one stepping over you. The huge empty shelf next to the seat is also quite useful, esp. when working.
I've never tried row 3 and 5, but I find row 1 has way more legroom for sleeping than the suites. I felt a bit claustrophobic in the suites
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Typing this from row 5 with my wife, and I definitely prefer the double seats as a couple.
Old Dec 29, 18, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bennos View Post
The novelty aspect of the suites wears off pretty quickly, and IMO the value is (as BbTrumpet says) in the direct aisle access and extra workspace when traveling solo.
The extra workspace for my laptop and paperwork is a nice benefit, also a place to stow the pillow and laptop when Im not sleeping/relaxing. (It also warms up the blanket.)
Old Jan 2, 19, 3:18 pm

Just completed a trip in mint, three travelers, we chose a suite and a pair. Since we were traveling with our toddler, he sat with one of us in the pair and each of us got the suite one way of the trip. It did not feel at all like we were traveling together, since you can't really talk over the pods. So, I would suggest taking the pair of seats. Row 1 will have the larger footwell so I might choose that if you are trying to sleep as I found that to be the part that I noticed was awkward when sleeping since it is smaller in the other seats.
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Row 3 vs 1?
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:44 pm

There is more space in foot well in row 1.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: