FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Mint seating question for couples? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1947175-mint-seating-question-couples.html)

decillion Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Mint seating question for couples?

My partner and I are traveling BOS-SFO at night in Mint. We’re currently booked in the second row suites in Mint but I’ve realized for like enjoying the experience together and being next to each other that it might not be that great? I’m already doing throne seats in TP and AI so I don’t really mind but he might find it more special to be in a suite but I think he’d also prefer being next to each other. How much worse of a seat is it to be in the two seats instead of the suite??

BbTrumpet Dec 22, 2018 11:53 pm

If I was flying with Mrs. Bb, we'd def. prefer the two together. Seat and quality of sleep, etc. is exactly the same in rows 1,3,5 as the suites, IMO. We've never done Mint together, but I think we'd find it strange to be across the aisle from one another.

When flying alone, of course the suites are preferable for aisle access and no one stepping over you. The huge empty shelf next to the seat is also quite useful, esp. when working.

decillion Dec 23, 2018 5:27 am

Thank you and Mrs. Bb!

bennos Dec 23, 2018 7:08 am

I've flown Mint with my +1 and by myself in the throne seats. If you want to share the experience, pick any two together (rows 1, 3, or 5). In the suites you'll be too far apart to do anything (talk, pass items pack and forth, etc) without annoying the rest of the cabin.

The novelty aspect of the suites wears off pretty quickly, and IMO the value is (as BbTrumpet says) in the direct aisle access and extra workspace when traveling solo.

Vincent Zuo Dec 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by BbTrumpet (Post 30566436)
If I was flying with Mrs. Bb, we'd def. prefer the two together. Seat and quality of sleep, etc. is exactly the same in rows 1,3,5 as the suites, IMO. We've never done Mint together, but I think we'd find it strange to be across the aisle from one another.

When flying alone, of course the suites are preferable for aisle access and no one stepping over you. The huge empty shelf next to the seat is also quite useful, esp. when working.

I've never tried row 3 and 5, but I find row 1 has way more legroom for sleeping than the suites. I felt a bit claustrophobic in the suites

caliform Dec 27, 2018 12:39 am

Typing this from row 5 with my wife, and I definitely prefer the double seats as a couple.

TastyPlaneEats Dec 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 30567062)
The novelty aspect of the suites wears off pretty quickly, and IMO the value is (as BbTrumpet says) in the direct aisle access and extra workspace when traveling solo.

The extra workspace for my laptop and paperwork is a nice benefit, also a place to stow the pillow and laptop when I’m not sleeping/relaxing. (It also warms up the blanket.)

Becca1007 Jan 2, 2019 3:18 pm

Just completed a trip in mint, three travelers, we chose a suite and a pair. Since we were traveling with our toddler, he sat with one of us in the pair and each of us got the suite one way of the trip. It did not feel at all like we were traveling together, since you can't really talk over the pods. So, I would suggest taking the pair of seats. Row 1 will have the larger footwell so I might choose that if you are trying to sleep as I found that to be the part that I noticed was awkward when sleeping since it is smaller in the other seats.

decillion Jan 3, 2019 10:51 pm

Row 3 vs 1?

TastyPlaneEats Jan 4, 2019 4:44 pm

There is more space in foot well in row 1.