Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jay_dubya
As discovered by BeantownFlyer, there are lots of details on JetBlue's website
Originally Posted by jspira
"The Group B boarding group will be for those with window seats in the back half of the plane. Group C is for passengers in middle seats in the back and front window seats. Group D is for passengers with aisle seats in the back and middle seats up front, while Group E will be for passengers with aisle seats in the forward part of the aircraft...."

From JetBlue to Unveil New Boarding Process
JetBlue will board those passengers traveling in Mint on aircraft with a Mint cabin as well as those with TrueBlue Mosaic elite status first. The next group, Group A, will be for those passengers in the airline’s Even More Space premium economy-lite seats. In between Group A and Group B, families with small children may board.

The Group B boarding group will be for those with window seats in the back half of the plane. Group C is for passengers in middle seats in the back and front window seats. Group D is for passengers with aisle seats in the back and middle seats up front, while Group E will be for passengers with aisle seats in the forward part of the aircraft.

Smaller aircraft will have one fewer boarding group.
Print Wikipost

New Boarding Process

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
New Boarding Process

Just got this email. Still no priority lane.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:25 pm

So, what's the actual process???
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Apparently A320/A321 will be Groups A-E and the E190 will be Groups A-D. I contacted them and they said since I am in 15A on my upcoming flight I will board with Group B. Makes me think It's Mosaic, EMS, Window, Middle, Aisle, with the middle being taken out with the E190. This is purely speculation though.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If I recall correctly, on my last flight Mosaic and EMS were called jointly? After that comes small children (special needs), then "coach".
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Apparently A320/A321 will be Groups A-E and the E190 will be Groups A-D. I contacted them and they said since I am in 15A on my upcoming flight I will board with Group B. Makes me think It's Mosaic, EMS, Window, Middle, Aisle, with the middle being taken out with the E190. This is purely speculation though.
That would certainly be efficient (other than us Mosaics getting in the way, of course) :-)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
I've been such a dedicated B6 flyer I haven't had the joy of experiencing these "group" systems on other airlines. How do these systems accommodate groups on the same reservation? I.e., if you're booked together in middle and aisle, will both passengers board in the same group (as in theory they could board with the "aisle" group and not block anyone else in the row)?

I've always felt like the biggest delays boarding B6 are inexperienced travelers fighting with E190 bins...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The systems work differently on every carrier. The problems arise from two separate problems:

1 -- The marketing need to strut "elite" flyers first to make them feel special. Bear in mind that back many moons ago, F boarded last.

2 ---- Failure to enforce carry-on rules and deal with carry-on issues prior to boarding. It is often not the inexperienced flyers, but the experienced ones gaming the system who hold up boarding while they jackhammer their steamer trunk into the OH.

If this is done right, studies show that the fastest way to board an aircraft is to send a smallish group to the rear of the aircraft windows & middles, followed immediately by middle of the aircraft and front. That way, nobody gets held up and there is time for people to get settled before the next wave of people comes to their area of the aircraft.

So long as there is OH space, it doesn't really matter when you board and there is something to be said for boarding last.

Last edited by Often1; Oct 17, 2017 at 10:49 am
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
If I recall correctly, on my last flight Mosaic and EMS were called jointly? After that comes small children (special needs), then "coach".
If they were called jointly, that is incorrect. It goes Extra Time and Assistance, Mosaic, EMS, Children under age 2, Rear, Middle, Front
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've got 2 separate trips this weekend: one on the E190 and one on the A320. I'll certainly keep an eye out for how this works at JFK.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
If they were called jointly, that is incorrect. It goes Extra Time and Assistance, Mosaic, EMS, Children under age 2, Rear, Middle, Front
I've noticed that at outstations like Atlanta, they will call Mosaic and EMS jointly if there's only one or two Mosaics (sometimes that number could be zero). The GA knows how many Mosaics there are on the flight.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Often1
The systems work differently on every carrier. The problems arise from two separate problems:

1 -- The marketing need to strut "elite" flyers first to make them feel special. Bear in mind that back many moons ago, F boarded last.
It's not so they feel important. It's so they have overhead space.

2 ---- Failure to enforce carry-on rules and deal with carry-on issues prior to boarding. It is often not the inexperienced flyers, but the experienced ones gaming the system who hold up boarding while they jackhammer their steamer trunk into the OH.

If this is done right, studies show that the fastest way to board an aircraft is to send a smallish group to the rear of the aircraft windows & middles, followed immediately by middle of the aircraft and front. That way, nobody gets held up and there is time for people to get settled before the next wave of people comes to their area of the aircraft.

So long as there is OH space, it doesn't really matter when you board and there is something to be said for boarding last.
There is not overhead space. This is due to baggage fees.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Military (in or out of uniform)?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
This morning it went:

Disability

Mosaic

Group A (which seemed to be EMS?)

Strollers/Car seats/military

Then Groups B, C, D
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Free agent
This won't affect me but I would like to know the impetus for the switch. Seems needless unless they are going to upsell the boarding groups to nickel and dime people.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
This morning it went:

Disability

Mosaic

Group A (which seemed to be EMS?)

Strollers/Car seats/military

Then Groups B, C, D
Any indication, for Groups B, C and D, whether it's just straight rear of the plane forward, or are they mixing it up based on row number and window/middle/aisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.