Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

I want to be a flight attendant with Florida Blue buuuttt.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Sooo I really want to be a flight attendant but my cousin has me scared to death! She said because of the training she doesn't have time to call or text her kids. She also said that since she will be so busy in training she can not spend any time with her kids this summer. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm??

What is the typical training schedule for a flight attendant?

Also I have heard this pays well, then I heard the pay is horrible. Can anyone tell me the range for someone with no industry experience?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:34 am

There are YouTube channels of flight attendants vlogging their jobs, how to get their jobs, do their makeup, meals etc. and balance life outside of the job.
Just search for them.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
You don't trust your cousin's info? She can't tell you the wage scale?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
For BA its £12000 basic plus hourly rate when in the air, etc that typically brings it up to £22000. As a comparison a graduate would expect to start on upwards of £28000.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by wannabeacabimmember
Sooo I really want to be a flight attendant but my cousin has me scared to death! She said because of the training she doesn't have time to call or text her kids. She also said that since she will be so busy in training she can not spend any time with her kids this summer. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm??

What is the typical training schedule for a flight attendant?
These indications are relative. It all depends on what you mean by having time with your kids. Would that mean having a week off over the summer, or several days off each week? Does the training take a lot more time than a full time job would? Why not ask the company about the training schedule, so that you draw your own conclusions?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
There are a lot of known FAs on twitter and Instagram who talk about this topic all the time. Just search for them in the search bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.