Wiki Posts
Search

ORH to JFK Announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
You beat me to it.

Rumors are that Massport was working with one of the majors to bring in another daily service.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Rumors are that Massport was working with one of the majors to bring in another daily service.
I have a friend who works at Rectrix (the FBO there that handles JetBlue's ground services).

He says that both American and Delta will start serving ORH daily next year. American sometime between 2Q and 4Q, Delta sometime between 3Q and 4Q. TSA is aggressively hiring for Worcester for this increase in traffic, and have recently brought in a body scanner for a second screening line.

Rumor has it that JetBlue is serving this route in return for being able to take back gates C40-42 at BOS, and a similar deal for Delta, where they are serving ORH in return for more space in Terminal A.
sbm12 and ptownca like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning
I have a friend who works at Rectrix (the FBO there that handles JetBlue's ground services).

He says that both American and Delta will start serving ORH daily next year. American sometime between 2Q and 4Q, Delta sometime between 3Q and 4Q. TSA is aggressively hiring for Worcester for this increase in traffic, and have recently brought in a body scanner for a second screening line.

Rumor has it that JetBlue is serving this route in return for being able to take back gates C40-42 at BOS, and a similar deal for Delta, where they are serving ORH in return for more space in Terminal A.
I heard Delta as the likely candidate. Did not hear Americans name tossed around.

This will be great - Instead of having to drive 45 minutes, wait a half hour for the bus, then another half hour ride in on Logan Express, I can drive the 10 minutes to ORH. Even if it cost $100 more, it costs me $70 to take Logan Express so it is worth it.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
In 1992, I was at the former ORH terminal. There were two ground level jetways serving mainline flights by:

Piedmont
USAir
New York Air
Northwest

Those were great days for ORH!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Flights loaded!

jfk-orh starts 5/3/18. Late night arrival. First departure early next am.
sbm12 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Thought they would have started earlier in teh year, but hey, it's service, right?

Book the flight down to JFK. Don't know yet if I will have the time to go down to catch the first flight up.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Booked the flight up as well. $29 one way! Parking at Logan for a day cost more than that!

First time I get to take an inaugural flight! Haven't been this excited about flying in years!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I think this could be an extremely successful route. B6 has been doing great on routes out of HPN and ORH will serve a similar suburban market that's currently trekking into BOS.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hi55us
I think this could be an extremely successful route. B6 has been doing great on routes out of HPN and ORH will serve a similar suburban market that's currently trekking into BOS.

The folks flying out of HPN aren't connecting at JFK. They're flying to Florida on non-stops. ORH already has those flights to FLL and MCO with onward connections to some Caribbean markets. This route is all about connecting traffic, which is interesting because that's not typically JetBlue's market. But for the folks similar to those who use HPN to avoid NYC airports the ORH options to Florida already exist.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
PWM is also about connecting traffic (has not had MCO flights in quite a few years), and holding steady with 3x-5x frequency to JFK depending on the season. Please let MHT or PSM be next, NH is the only state in New England not serviced by JetBlue.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by sbm12

The folks flying out of HPN aren't connecting at JFK. They're flying to Florida on non-stops. ORH already has those flights to FLL and MCO with onward connections to some Caribbean markets. This route is all about connecting traffic, which is interesting because that's not typically JetBlue's market. But for the folks similar to those who use HPN to avoid NYC airports the ORH options to Florida already exist.
Yeah but it serves to show that B6 can draw in a suburban market and not just city dwellers in Boston and New York.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Booked the flight up as well. $29 one way! Parking at Logan for a day cost more than that!

First time I get to take an inaugural flight! Haven't been this excited about flying in years!
Mr. Sallycat and I are on the inaugural ORH-JFK as well, I hope there is some fanfare about the return even though I'm sure the bigger party will be in JFK the night before!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I think the party will mostly be from Massport. JetBlue seems to only throw parties for new destinations, not so much for new routes between two cities already served. I'm still on the fence about the inaugural.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sallycat
Mr. Sallycat and I are on the inaugural ORH-JFK as well, I hope there is some fanfare about the return even though I'm sure the bigger party will be in JFK the night before!
I'm betting Worcester will be bigger. Maybe not so much JetBlue's doing as Worcester's. But this is big news for them (us). What I think will be really interesting is who from the business community shows up.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by diburning
I think the party will mostly be from Massport. JetBlue seems to only throw parties for new destinations, not so much for new routes between two cities already served. I'm still on the fence about the inaugural.
Ah, got it, that makes sense the more I think of it. Never been on an inaugural before, so am just going for the experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.