Wiki Posts
Search

ORH to JFK Announced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
ORH to JFK Announced

Looks like JetBlue will be adding flights from Worcester, MA to JFK once their cat. III landing system is installed. they didn't provide much for details, but this is good news. Now we will have someplace to go besides FLL and MCO from ORH.

Link: http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...ight_serv.html
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Looks like JetBlue will be adding flights from Worcester, MA to JFK once their cat. III landing system is installed. they didn't provide much for details, but this is good news. Now we will have someplace to go besides FLL and MCO from ORH.

Link: http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...ight_serv.html
Wish they would fly PVD-JFK or PVD-DCA... Would open up a lot of good connections for B6 out of PVD.
ptownca likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Have to add the proverbial MHT-JFK would be amazing, which doesn't have any JFK service at the moment. PSM would also be good.

Last edited by Sicariis; Mar 1, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I think seasonal to Bar Harbor from BOS/JFK would be great!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

I would love to see Cape Air step up their game out of Logan. Logon used to have a lot of connection to the smaller New England cities. But as teh big airlines bought up the commuters, and then consolidated, most of that went away. I think Cape Air, being a code share partner with JetBlue, would be a great fit to start up some turbo prop service all over New England.
ptownca likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Sicariis
Have to add the proverbial MHT-JFK would be amazing, which doesn't have any JFK service at the moment. PSM would also be good.
Yes, they will announced it. You will see MHT-FLL/MCO, and even West Coast flight, as well. It won't be JFK. The airspace is full. They cannot handle it.

Originally Posted by zrs70
I think seasonal to Bar Harbor from BOS/JFK would be great!
Actually, Elite Airwsys has already flies. I doubt you will see FLL/MCO or DCA. It will happens.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: TrueBlue
It's been 18 months since the thread was started claiming that B6 would be coming to MHT and not a peep has come from any official channels.

MHT just lost out to PVD on Norwegian's ultra-low-cost service to Ireland and the UK. MHT needs *something* in the 'win' column...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Any update on when JFK-ORH flights might commence?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AMflier
Any update on when JFK-ORH flights might commence?
I haven't seen anything from MassPort about the CAT III install, though the original announcement was for service in 2018 at some point. ORH did get a $1mm grant from the FAA recently to rehabilitate the taxiway but I don't see a funding line for the landing system.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
From what I heard (from a friend who works at Rectrix, the FBO at ORH that handles ground for JetBlue), Q1/Q2 2018, around April, is the tentative plan. That is, if they start installing the ILS system before winter. If they haven't started the installation by wintertime, it will be delayed.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

I drove by there a couple of days ago. Looks like they are doing some kind of work - they had fenced off an area of the tarmac near the parking lot, they have some porta-pottys up and front end loader. Not sure if that is related to the Cat II or not.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: B6, DL, UA, AGR
Go live date for the Cat III is supposed to be early December (7th). The work on the field right now is resurfacing. They're also adding lighting (centerline and hold short) for Cat III.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:13 am

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...nce_start.html

Start date to be announced tomorrow.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Hooray!!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Seems like Jetblue is doing this to keep Massport happy. I wonder if installing CAT III will lead to any other routes out of ORH. 30 million is a lot for daily service to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.