Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LAX-PVC via BOS: Baggage interlining and ticketing questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum

Trying to book a trip from LAX-PVC/Provincetown via BOS round-trip. The kicker is that I need the LAX-BOS legs to be in Mint, which, for some crazy reason, isn't seemingly allowed at JetBlue on one single ticket (I only know this after hours on the phone with reps and supervisors to try this).

The even more frustrating part, as I've also learned from hours on the phone with B6, is: even if I treat LAX-BOS and BOS-PVC as separate tix, I can't then book a roundtrip from BOS-PVC with the full schedule of flight times available on those legs on Cape Air. JetBlue apparently only makes certain combos of the BOS-PVC R/T legs possible. If you book as one-way each, then the full schedule of flights on Cape Air become available.

So, the option seems to be--if I need to have specific arrival/departure times, which I do--that I would have to buy LAX-BOS round-trip in Mint as one ticket and then two separate one-ways from BOS-PVC and PVC-BOS. Meaning: I'm looking at 3 separate record locators.

Brings me to my final concern/question (thanks for sticking with me on this): as much as PITA it is having 3 record locators, will interlining luggage be an issue? I've read very clearly on JetBlue's site that interlining with Cape Air isn't an issue on a single record locator. I know this is at the airport's discretion but I'm curious to get opinions of folks out there as this is not an inexpensive ticket and I'd hate to get to LAX only to have them tell me "Sorry, we can't help you". Our planned connection time in BOS is only an hour.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
The proverbial fart in church. Utter silence.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:24 pm

No specific experience, but I would NOT expect you to be able to book your luggage through to your final destination if the second leg is on a different record.

Carry on won't work?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It can be done. No guarantees it will be.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Can you book the LAX-PVC roundtrip in Y and then call to upgrade the LAX-BOS legs?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I would do what Dieuwer says, or just see if you can book the whole thing with them by social media / phone.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If you book it all in Y and then upgrade later, it still might not work if the agent has to cancel and rebook.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, guys, for the recommendations. I've tried booking this solely by phone -- and the phone reps and supervisors have even tried a fake booking in Y with a post-booking upgrade to Mint. Still won't work. For some reason, B6's system does not like to play nice with Mint fares and multi-cities.

Have already booked the LAX-BOS R/T but now have to figure out if we're going to just book direct with Cape Air and carry on (not ideal since I'm there for a wedding) or just chance it at check-in.

On a side note: utterly bizarre that B6 hasn't reconciled these kinds of itineraries in their system with Mint having been online for so long.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
How important is timing? An alternative would be to take the Silver Line from BOS to Seaport World Trade Center (free), walk a block to the dock, and take the Provincetown Fast Ferry (90 mins to Provincetown). That way, you wouldn't have to worry about the bags not making it, although it would take significantly more time.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by filmwill

On a side note: utterly bizarre that B6 hasn't reconciled these kinds of itineraries in their system with Mint having been online for so long.
JetBlue's IT/backend systems are somewhat notorious for how badly they work. I hope you never have to call them to troubleshoot Trueblue crediting issues...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.